It's finally time!

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just so it’s not me being silly, if i had loosened a sata power to the commander core, surely all the leds’s to the fans would stop working or the fans themself?
A fair point. If we assume that the fans working indicates the SATA power is not the issue, then you're looking at 2 as potential issue, or... the pump has just failed and needs replacing.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Okay, so just got home - time to try this again!

Looking at the commander core, there is a cable missing from temp, cant see anything nearby that could have fallen out.

The 24 pin is in there hard! Struggling to wiggle it out.

The sata cable that I pulled out i took a picture of too, disconnected both of the things plugged in and reconnected, think they were fine though.

Attachments

• 106D308C-FDC5-4400-BBCE-EE0983DCC727.jpeg
    106D308C-FDC5-4400-BBCE-EE0983DCC727.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 89531BC3-9F69-47CC-A2B4-8B01BBFE59C1.jpeg
    89531BC3-9F69-47CC-A2B4-8B01BBFE59C1.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 2DE2812E-DB6E-4411-8308-A1467FE2A04C.jpeg
    2DE2812E-DB6E-4411-8308-A1467FE2A04C.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 63

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Got the 24 pin out… maybe looks abit damaged to me? If you look in the middle on the side of the silver pins.. What do you think?

Attachments

• 6A324C7C-2EC5-4A9A-9B21-9FDDABF51589.jpeg
    6A324C7C-2EC5-4A9A-9B21-9FDDABF51589.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 65

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Okay, so just got home - time to try this again!

Looking at the commander core, there is a cable missing from temp, cant see anything nearby that could have fallen out.

The 24 pin is in there hard! Struggling to wiggle it out.

The sata cable that I pulled out i took a picture of too, disconnected both of the things plugged in and reconnected, think they were fine though.
Temp will be empty, that's fine. How many items do you have connected to that SATA cable? Just the commander?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Got the 24 pin out… maybe looks abit damaged to me? If you look in the middle on the side of the silver pins.. What do you think?
Hard to say, photo is a bit out of focus, but I don't see anything immediately obvious

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Temp will be empty, that's fine. How many items do you have connected to that SATA cable? Just the commander?
Yup, i used one of the spare ones for my ssd, which i assumed would be fine.

I'll try get a better picture of it... 2 secs

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Maybe better angle, you see its dented? I don’t know if thats normal

Attachments

• A1FDAF46-8234-4ECD-AFB5-9C4E07420C4D.jpeg
    A1FDAF46-8234-4ECD-AFB5-9C4E07420C4D.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 74

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Think that's just a notch to align the cable with the port on the Commander. If all the connections are secure, then it's a pump failure, so best to contact PCS for an RMA. If the process is same as the Discord user's then they'll send a replacement AIO via courier and you give them the radiator and pump when they deliver. So you won't be without build for long.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Hmm okay, I'll contact PCS tomorrow see what they say. Really wanted to avoid taking it apart, one of the reason I didn't build myself :(

voodoo

Hmm okay, I'll contact PCS tomorrow see what they say. Really wanted to avoid taking it apart, one of the reason I didn't build myself :(
Might be best sending it all back you pay for a pre built system you night find out its something else.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Might be best sending it all back you pay for a pre built system you night find out its something else.
You are right, the chances are it's something stupid, like a loose cable. I just can't identify it as I've not touched that part of the system. I'll call them tonight and see what they say. I'd prefer not to send it back just due to risk of more damage being done in shipping. I just don't know what involved in RMA of an AIO cooler. I'm assuming not all the fans and cabling of the commander core.. if it is, then yeah may need to fully return it to find out what's going on. Shame because I had done a fair bit of setup of software before shutting down to add my GPU and SSD, just such a random error to happen from no where.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
So just an update, checked few more things with support team, but think it is a pump fault or motherboard, so collecting it on Monday for RMA

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
They said as it’s such a new build they will fast track it, so probably only a week from collection until return. I’m really interested to find out what actually happened, just plugged my old pc back in for now so in no major rush for it, gives me more time to decide on a monitor :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They said as it’s such a new build they will fast track it, so probably only a week from collection until return. I’m really interested to find out what actually happened, just plugged my old pc back in for now so in no major rush for it, gives me more time to decide on a monitor :)
Yeah, they'll prioritise it, I'm sure, fingers crossed doesn't take too long.