It's finally time!

voodoo

Yeahh! I saw your build and thought it was similar to mine too :D except I’m going AMD gpu instead. I am thinking about fast tracking it too though, for £30 extra will hopefully jump ahead of the others ordering the new X3D CPUs
Good idea I went for the amd also

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Makes sense for the price difference I guess. Did they allow you to change it even although it was in testing?
Surprisingly yes, i guess at some point it needs to go back into the queue and wait for the pre order chips

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Had an email saying a few weeks for the chips
Ohh okay, thank you so much for letting me know, that's not too bad!

Have you decided on a monitor yet
And no, not yet.. got my eye on a few but sorta waiting for one to come out that fits all my needs.

My top 3 at the moment are these:

1. Alienware AW3423DWF - https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/ali...dwf/apd/210-bfrq/monitors-monitor-accessories

2. 34" Odyssey OLED G85SB - https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors...Mr7N6EeP3tuRR8oufsoXYBKEKy2POyD98Ab5rmIC2q0yE

3. (I blame Spyder for this one) 45'' UltraGear™ OLED Curved Gaming Monitor WQHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate 0.03ms Response Time -

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ohh okay, thank you so much for letting me know, that's not too bad!

And no, not yet.. got my eye on a few but sorta waiting for one to come out that fits all my needs.

My top 3 at the moment are these:

1. Alienware AW3423DWF - https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/ali...dwf/apd/210-bfrq/monitors-monitor-accessories

2. 34" Odyssey OLED G85SB - https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors...Mr7N6EeP3tuRR8oufsoXYBKEKy2POyD98Ab5rmIC2q0yE

3. (I blame Spyder for this one) 45'' UltraGear™ OLED Curved Gaming Monitor WQHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate 0.03ms Response Time -
2 of them I think are widely regarded as the best money can buy for gaming.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've gone for the Samsung odyssey neo g8 had £200 discount code so I'm happy.
I've got the Samsung G9, the non neo one.

I really like Samsung monitors, they're not perfect but they shoot for insane specs while remaining good price.

Wouldn't be without it now, the OLED one is just going to be absolutely insane.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Ergh, I'm not sure if it's just system generated alerts or if their support staff aren't checking with their warehouse but I'm now getting alerts that my PC is being shipped. On one hand, that build time/dispatch time is awesome! But I don't actually want it dispatched with the CPU I orginally ordered..!

In live chat with them now... :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Ok, so update.. looks like they were preparing it for dispatch this morning as I got all the DPD tracking details ect emailed to me. After the chat I had, their warehouse is closed until Monday so it's not being dispatched yet, they have also put a hold on the dispatch (why it got to that stage anyway when it had a pending task to change the CPU - im not too sure..). Feeling abit more happy now, if it turns up on my doorstep Monday/Tuesday though I'm actually going to cry...

On a more positive note, the support team on the live chat are super friendly and good to deal with, not sure I can put names here, but they seemed super chill and happy to have a chat. Said how good the specs were, what his current pc specs were and how jealous he was (haha!) and what sort of monitors to look at for it! Unexpected to see but loved the casual chat, nothing like I normally have to deal with when doing support calls with *ell and other tech companies.

Anyways, fingers crossed it all pans out now.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
What a bumpy ride o_O

So, I never saw my PC go back into build or get changed at any point, it went from "in testing" to be dispatched, even though I asked for them to amend the CPU. So I was happy to wait the time it took for them to get the 7950X3D in stock.

This morning I get more notifications about it being dispatched, even though on Saturday they said it was going to be blocked and go back to the builders to await for the CPU's to arrive, which they said it would be a few weeks.

Now I've spoke to them a couple of times and apparently it has the correct 7950X3D chip in it (confirmed multiple times) and it is being dispatched today. Now, I don't know if I'm super lucky and jumped the queue, or where they magically got the chip from. I still have bad feelings it's got the wrong chip in it, but guess I'll find out tomorrow..

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What a bumpy ride o_O

So, I never saw my PC go back into build or get changed at any point, it went from "in testing" to be dispatched, even though I asked for them to amend the CPU. So I was happy to wait the time it took for them to get the 7950X3D in stock.

This morning I get more notifications about it being dispatched, even though on Saturday they said it was going to be blocked and go back to the builders to await for the CPU's to arrive, which they said it would be a few weeks.

Now I've spoke to them a couple of times and apparently it has the correct 7950X3D chip in it (confirmed multiple times) and it is being dispatched today. Now, I don't know if I'm super lucky and jumped the queue, or where they magically got the chip from. I still have bad feelings it's got the wrong chip in it, but guess I'll find out tomorrow..
They might have gotten a stock of X3Ds ahead of launch date, so easy enough to swap it out. But I'm sure if the non X3D version is installed when you get it, they'll be quick enough to resolve the issue. Would you be tempted to get them to just send the correct CPU out to you and you fit it yourself in that scenario? Might be quicker than packing PC back up, shipping it back etc?

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
They might have gotten a stock of X3Ds ahead of launch date, so easy enough to swap it out. But I'm sure if the non X3D version is installed when you get it, they'll be quick enough to resolve the issue. Would you be tempted to get them to just send the correct CPU out to you and you fit it yourself in that scenario? Might be quicker than packing PC back up, shipping it back etc?

I'm really hoping that is the case, I've had multiple support members confirm that it's the correct CPU. I just find that hard to believe when other staff have said they wont get them for weeks/months.

If it is wrong, then yeah I'd rather just do a CPU swap myself rather than sending the whole PC back. It's the main reason I don't want them to dispatch with the wrong chip it's just risking damage in transport with it going backwards and forwards.