It's finally time!

voodoo

I'm really hoping that is the case, I've had multiple support members confirm that it's the correct CPU. I just find that hard to believe when other staff have said they wont get them for weeks/months.

If it is wrong, then yeah I'd rather just do a CPU swap myself rather than sending the whole PC back. It's the main reason I don't want them to dispatch with the wrong chip it's just risking damage in transport with it going
I'm really hoping that is the case, I've had multiple support members confirm that it's the correct CPU. I just find that hard to believe when other staff have said they wont get them for weeks/months.

If it is wrong, then yeah I'd rather just do a CPU swap myself rather than sending the whole PC back. It's the main reason I don't want them to dispatch with the wrong chip it's just risking damage in transport with it going backwards and forwards.
Let us know how you get on.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Have you got your computer yet?

I do! On it now :D

And low and behold...

1678289870557.png

I'm so happy it's right, was worrying over nothing apparently... guess I should of had more faith but just seemed to good to be true and had conflicting infomation on when the chips were available.

I'll put some pics up soon, still need to put in GPU and older SSD's.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I do! On it now :D

And low and behold...

View attachment 36227

I'm so happy it's right, was worrying over nothing apparently... guess I should of had more faith but just seemed to good to be true and had conflicting infomation on when the chips were available.

I'll put some pics up soon, still need to put in GPU and older SSD's.
Yesssss!!!! Bravo sir, can't wait for your views on it.

Just be aware, for optimal performance on that chip under certain workloads, you need to configure Windows a certain way so the scheduler can properly deal with the high cache cores vs the normal cores.

This is purely because it's the first chip of it's kind with half the cores different to the second half, Windows will eventually update the scheduler to automatically adjust as it needs to down the road but might take a little time

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Yesssss!!!! Bravo sir, can't wait for your views on it.

Just be aware, for optimal performance on that chip under certain workloads, you need to configure Windows a certain way so the scheduler can properly deal with the high cache cores vs the normal cores.

This is purely because it's the first chip of it's kind with half the cores different to the second half, Windows will eventually update the scheduler to automatically adjust as it needs to down the road but might take a little time

Cheers Spyder, I’ll have a look when it decides to boot again. Just getting error codes and alarm sounds when trying to boot after adding in a ssd and gpu. Thought gpu wasn’t seated properly at first, but pretty sure it is. Nearly impossible for me to get to the latch to pull it out anyway. Its telling me my cpu fan header is unplugged, but havent touched it that area, its also behind fans so a joy to reach.

Plugging in a ssd to a random (power sata) at the back wouldnt have affected it right?

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
It's definitely in the CPU_Fan header?

You need to adjust image size to under 1mb or upload to cloud storage and post a link

100% - it was working fine, ive not touched the cables up the top of the mobo

Okay, so this is taken from the top looking down, the cpu header is far left of the pins (right in this pic) my finger is on it, i wiggled it free then pushed it back on.

It still just alarms when booting, and the lcd screen shows a red fan picture

Attachments

• 36132C54-C239-4D71-AE62-242F341ABB0D.jpeg
    36132C54-C239-4D71-AE62-242F341ABB0D.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 64

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I wonder if you dislodged the sata power to the pump when installing drive. Or, the diasy chained sata can’t manage pump and drive on same cable?

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
I wonder if you dislodged the sata power to the pump when installing drive. Or, the diasy chained sata can’t manage pump and drive on same cable?

Thats what im thinking too, ive unplugged the sata that i used, same problem. Cant really tell which sata is feeding the pump (but it is getting lights etc), its a good cable management.. maybe a little too good as they are quite tight so tracing anything is hard

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
The issue is it's not detecting a CPU fan. System won't boot without it.

Either the pump SATA has become dislodged or the CPU fan is dislodged.

But as it was adding another SATA that caused it and it was working previously then it does suggest something with the pump SATA

Yeah, in BIOs it doesnt give any cpu fan readings.

I’ve checked everything I’ve touched and can’t see anything loose, dislodged or broken. Kind of at a loss now.

I’ll do some research tomorrow, given up with it tonight :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, in BIOs it doesnt give any cpu fan readings.

I’ve checked everything I’ve touched and can’t see anything loose, dislodged or broken. Kind of at a loss now.

I’ll do some research tomorrow, given up with it tonight :(
Don't worry, you'll sort it, but yeah, best to do with a fresh head and destressed.

voodoo

Hopefully you get it sorted tomorrow you seem like you know your stuff I have no idea when it comes to the insides hopefully mine will be ok 😬

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So for the LCD Capellix pump, these are the connections you need to focus on:
  1. Pump Tach plugged into CPU_FAN header on motherboard
    1678310792835.png
  2. Pump 24 pin cable connected to the Commander Core
    1678310803687.png
  3. Commander SATA cable connected to SATA power
  4. Commander USB cable connected to USB header on motherboard
  5. Pump LCD USB cable connected to USB header on motherboard
1678310865775.png

The last one isn't actually needed for the pump to run, but included it for completeness.

The odds are in favour of 3 being the issue, given you were working on SATA cables for your drives. So check that the Commander Core is fully connected to a SATA power cable, and that cable is fully seated into the PSU. That might be a challenge to check, as usually the PSU are is a nest of cables, all tightly zipped up.

If that all looks ok, try the 24 pin next, maybe fully remove it and reinsert.

It could well be a pump failure. A user on the PCS discord reported a failure on their brand new rig just today, so is awaiting a RMA replacement pump to arrive.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
So for the LCD Capellix pump, these are the connections you need to focus on:
  1. Pump Tach plugged into CPU_FAN header on motherboard View attachment 36231
  2. Pump 24 pin cable connected to the Commander Core View attachment 36232
  3. Commander SATA cable connected to SATA power
  4. Commander USB cable connected to USB header on motherboard
  5. Pump LCD USB cable connected to USB header on motherboard
View attachment 36233

The last one isn't actually needed for the pump to run, but included it for completeness.

The odds are in favour of 3 being the issue, given you were working on SATA cables for your drives. So check that the Commander Core is fully connected to a SATA power cable, and that cable is fully seated into the PSU. That might be a challenge to check, as usually the PSU are is a nest of cables, all tightly zipped up.

If that all looks ok, try the 24 pin next, maybe fully remove it and reinsert.

It could well be a pump failure. A user on the PCS discord reported a failure on their brand new rig just today, so is awaiting a RMA replacement pump to arrive.
Many thanks for this info! I’ll recheck all of them tonight.

Just so it’s not me being silly, if i had loosened a sata power to the commander core, surely all the leds’s to the fans would stop working or the fans themself?

Currently it all seems to be working except the pump. The pump tach plugged into the cpu header, where does that go to? The commander core or from the pump itself?