Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Finally arrived.

After David Crosby's death recently, I leapt on this album as I thought prices may start rising fast.

This is his first Solo album "If I Could Only Remember My Name" from 1971, and not one I've heard before but is widely regarded as a very important record.

This is the 2009 Classic Records 33rpm version, Classic records were bought out by Analogue Productions in 2010, but they did some amazing releases in the 15 years or so they were going.

So excited for this.

20230213_090542.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple more today

Hammock - Silencia

Hammock - The Longest Year

The Verve - Urban Hymns (this is the 20th anniversary boxset released in 2017 with 6lp, I have no idea why I missed this at the time, but it's a lovely boxset, hard to find nowadays)

20230214_100319.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just came through from an eBay seller, this is a still sealed copy of the 1994 Classic Records pressing of
Also Sprach Zarathustra

This is the opening music to 2001 Space Odyssey which I absolutely adore. To find this version still sealed and at such a low cost is unheard of, don't think the guy realised what he had, he hadn't listed it as Classic Records either

The record is on The Absolute Sounds TAS list which is widely recognised in the industry as the best recordings and pressings you can find on vinyl.

It appears The Absolute Sounds website is currently having issues, but here's the TAS list

20230215_102239.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
An amazing one just came through, this was ordered on 06/02/22 and has had major delays due to the vinyl formulation being rather non standard, but here it is!!!

Lange - Retrospect Vol. V

20230217_091452.jpg

But look at this vinyl!!!! It's transparent although you can't make it out.

2023_02_17 09_17 Office Lens.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not mine, just introduced my 15 year old nephew to crate digging at Collectors Record Center in Guildford which has just had a story in sky news as turns out to be the oldest independent store in the UK. They had some amazing records. My nephew is fully into modern Hip Hop and found this first press of "Kids See Ghosts" in NM condition which is a collaboration between Kanye West and Kid Cudi. Not my thing but it was really cool to see him so interested in crate digging, and taught him a bit on the importance of runout information and how to use discogs. So utterly proud of him, he's so engaged in life and so full of enthusiasm, it's really so nice to see. I know nothing about this record but am loving the artwork!

36d90ac1-39c9-49f4-9a88-c2284fa569b1.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another Hammock one, there's one last one from their represses still available on bandcamp that I need to pick up, the rest have sold out so I'll have to buy them from Discogs and prices are crazy high atm, hopefully they'll come down.

Hammock - Universalis
712c09ca-28b6-42df-8bac-bf84088525d4.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple more through

The VinylMePlease 45rpm of A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory, supposed to be the definitive edition currently

The new 30th Anniversary Remaster of Alice In Chains - Dirt which is supposed to be rather good too, and on nice yellow vinyl

20230311_103125.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another one just arrived

The Ólafur Arnalds – Some Kind Of Peace box set.

I've fallen in love with this Neo Classical genre since discovering Max Richter, some amazing fusions of piano and strings with synths and beats, blows my mind.

20230311_114751.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
3 more beauties from Hammock which completes my collection of what's still available on their Bandcamp, the rest I'll have to get off the flippers.

From top to bottom left to bottom right:
Asleep In The Downlights
Stranded Under Endless Sky
Raising Your Voice... Trying To Stop An Echo

20230314_105517.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Seriously cool one just come through from Mondo in the US

This is The Dune Sketchbook, the new Dune film ultimate soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, the way he wanted the soundtrack to be. It's over 100 hours, and I believe Mondo have exclusive license at the moment to produce it.

This was initially released as a limited edition colourway as below, but sold out in seconds limited to 3000 copies:

1678987976555.png

Due to the success, they've reissued it as a black vinyl copy which I pre ordered 17/04/2022, so it's been almost a year, they had major problems and had to repress the initial batch due to a defect.

But it's here, so excited for this, I'm a huge fan of most of Hans Zimmers work.

20230316_172306.jpg

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Seriously cool one just come through from Mondo in the US

This is The Dune Sketchbook, the new Dune film ultimate soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, the way he wanted the soundtrack to be. It's over 100 hours, and I believe Mondo have exclusive license at the moment to produce it.

This was initially released as a limited edition colourway as below, but sold out in seconds limited to 3000 copies:

View attachment 36328

Due to the success, they've reissued it as a black vinyl copy which I pre ordered 17/04/2022, so it's been almost a year, they had major problems and had to repress the initial batch due to a defect.

But it's here, so excited for this, I'm a huge fan of most of Hans Zimmers work.

View attachment 36327
WOW
IT LOOKS GOOD !!!
And those artwoorks Oo
Damn, i'm jealous :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
WOW
IT LOOKS GOOD !!!
And those artwoorks Oo
Damn, i'm jealous :D
Mondo always do some amazing alternative artwork, it's always quite special, and I love the Obi strips down the side, they always have that on each of their releases. The presses can be hit and miss quality wise, but this one is supposed to be extremely good. Can't wait to spin it.