Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A couple more doozies both from Bedrock Records who is John Digweeds label

RPM 5 x vinyl box set

Quattro 3 5 x vinyl box set

20221203_104814.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple more to finish off my Justice collection, the more I hear of these guys, especially live, the more I love them, so very Daft Punkish, but still fresh and new.

On the left, Audio, Video, Disco

On the right is a live album, Access All Arenas

Both include a CD with bonus materials. I was really lucky to find a new copy, most have sold out a while ago.

20221205_164258.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is quite an unusual one from the incredible Cercle Records, a promotional company that paves the way for some of the most remarkable DJ sets and parties around the world at incredible locations.

This is 0.0.3.0 Halo (Pølaroit) from Cercle Records

It's unusual in that the cover comes as pure white, and you tear an opening to a print behind it. There are 9 different prints available to choose from, so 9 different physical versions of the cover. Quite unusual. They always do something a little different though, really thoughtful.

View attachment 35400
That’s really neat!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2 really nice ones

The Cure - Wish 30th Anniversary 2 x vinyl

But the piece de resistance ***Drum Roll please***

The Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Armed Forces box set. 9 pieces of vinyl in this! It's an absolute monster. They completely overpriced it, and wouldn't have normally considered but this one was extremely good value because of a little tear in the shrink in the bottom right hand corner, literally took of 20% of the cost!

20221206_135023.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A wonderful bundle just showed up, one of my favorite Funk labels did a huge sale on Bandcamp so picked a couple up, they actually sent me too many, there were only supposed to be 3 albums and 3 singles, but they've sent me 4 of each

Tape Loops – Tape Loops Volume 2 Album

Dr. Rubberfunk Feat. Roachford* – Trouble Woman Single

Flevans – It Just Goes which I already have but is only a Single

Kraak & Smaak – Squeeze Me Single

Sneaky Fox – Broke Single

Dr. Rubberfunk – Hot Stone Album

Soopasoul – Twin Stix Album, this one I've been after for a while

Smoove + Turrell – Mount Pleasant Album

20221207_094708.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm really excited about this one, I'm an avid fan of African beats, from back when I was at school getting introduced to the likes of Deep Forrest and some cultural Drum N' Bass, and the drum circle at Whirly Gig, congos and bongos just send me into a frenzy.

This is an up and coming African DJ, called Themba who is deeply rooted in his culture. He's signed with Armada Music

Themba - THEMBA - MODERN AFRICA, PART 1 - EKHAYA

20221207_153309.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple more doozies through

Fleetwood Mac - Self Titled, supposed to be a really nice repress

Fred Again - Actual Life. This was his first that he released around september 2000, created during lockdown. I've got 2 and 3, 1 they only made 1000 copies and was selling for over £300, but he thankfully repressed it.

processed-92a7a3e2-3de0-465b-b653-459c21864b4c_Pj3rkl7Y.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another really important one came through.

I'm a huge Bob Marley fan, but only really know his headline usuals, so wanted to discover more. Analogue Productions announced they were doing an extremely limited (3000 copies) UHQR of this, and I leapt on the chance. Acoustic Sounds were extra kind and held it for me for 10 days as they sold out pretty quick.

So lucky to get a copy, it's supposed to be a phenomenal version

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Rastaman Vibration UHQR

processed-6879f3c7-e1b0-4ed3-b807-e6d86f122b4d_TfykFyUP.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
One more just through

The Chase and Statues - No More Idols repress, originals now go for many £100s

I only really want this for "Blind Faith" which is just a wonderful track

processed-841f583a-f920-4e7b-b30c-04a437269b23_EDp4EIbL.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think this should be the last of the current backlog for a little while

This is the Defected Sampler #15

They seem to have missed 13 & 14! This is one of the best released so far, truly funky.

20221209_211533.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just came through from Evri, totally forgotten had ordered courier delivery with this one and was expecting it to be held up with the Royal Mail strikes, very lucky!

This is the new Leftfield Album - This is What We Do just released in the last couple of weeks.

Came with a signed print as well which is really nice.

It's really ringing some oldschool bells, loving it, very Leftfield sound, they haven't tried to change who they are.

Edit: Unfortunately the label is incorrectly applied on side B, and covering most of the record, having to return it

20221216_171732.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A pre order that was first put through almost a year ago

Craig Connelly - Believe In Magic

Gonna be worth the wait!

20221217_090149.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A few just come through

John Lee Hooker - The Healer, Craft remaster

Mofi inner sleeves

TSHA - Capricorn Sun, this is her first album, had rave reviews, a lot of places listing it as contender for album of the year.

20221228_180352.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
An important one, The Doors - LA Woman, this is the 2021 Analogue Productions remaster on 45rpm, it's still available on Acoustic Sounds, could have imported it new, but this was an opened (although new) copy from a UK shop, it's pristine, you can tell it's never been played, and that way don't have to worry about shipping for weeks etc.

Also Mephisto - State Of Mind, the latest in the Renaissance Re Mix Collection singles, this is the 7th I believe of the collection.

20221229_090556.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another great one just arrived from US

Seven Lions & Atlys - Opus

This is reworking some tunes into full orchestral maneuvers, really looking forward to this!

20221229_112551.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another newish one to me has just come through

This is Re:member, a 2018 album by Ólafur Arnalds, but this is the box set version, it's huge, I have no idea what's in here

20221230_152501.jpg

Edit, just opened it to have a look, 4 disks, a really nice booklet and some art prints, the case is beautifully cotton bound, it's a beautiful set.

This guys does some lovely nu-classical stuff, a guy on one of the music forums I'm on recommended him related to my passion for Max Richters work, very excited to play this tonight.

20221230_161759.jpg

Last edited: