Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That’s why I personally love the blues that little bit more, it’s an equally amazing and complex part of the lexicon of American music but it’s a lot more accessible.

To me, jazz can be genuinely challenging to listen to, it’s a proper assault on the senses. I can only last so long before realising that I’ve not only finished drinking my coffee, I’ve also accidentally eaten the mug.
Blues is definitely another genre that I need to step into. Clapton's unplugged is one of my favorite all time albums, and I know very few of those are his songs, he's purely playing other peoples work. But soundtracks like the Blues Brothers are all time favorites in my collection.

But I've got a few Stevie Ray Vaughan, Janice Joplin and Hendrix

But there's just so damn much to get involved in, it's like pulling the wool off my eyes, I don't know why I've left it this late.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Blues is definitely another genre that I need to step into. Clapton's unplugged is one of my favorite all time albums, and I know very few of those are his songs, he's purely playing other peoples work. But soundtracks like the Blues Brothers are all time favorites in my collection.

But there's just so damn much to get involved in, it's like pulling the wool off my eyes, I don't know why I've left it this late.
Wicked! I would be more than happy to give you a further gateway to the blues, compadre. And I can also drip feed the info so you don’t spend all your money at once. We can do a chronological exploration 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wicked! I would be more than happy to give you a further gateway to the blues, compadre. And I can also drip feed the info so you don’t spend all your money at once. We can do a chronological exploration 👍
That would be amazing if you could, it's an area I know very little about (y) :love:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Take liisten to "The Blues Band" and the likes of "Alexis Korner"

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really important record as this is the first repress since it was first released in 1996, and those are impossible to find at decent cost

George Michael - Older release day today limited edition on red vinyl

20220930_103956.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a cheap and cheerful.

This was from a company called Bleep, it's brand new but for some reason they'd listed it at half price. I assume that was either a mistake or they wanted shot of their last copy as the listing disappeared when I checked the other day. This is a Blue Note Classic series, these are some all time classics, pressed with exceptional record quality, but lower price jackets etc to keep the price down, so no gatefold. They're supposed to sound amazing though, all cut by Kevin Gray.

Sonny Clark - Dial "S" for Sonny

20221006_091415.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another one just arrived.

This is a really cool one, his second album, unfortunately just found out about him, this one was becoming scarce, but his first is now unobtanium costing around £300 as only 1000 were made.

He came to light over the pandemic really as a super producer, he's incredibly talented, plays a wide variety of genres. But he will produce a track live during a set in a club, from beats through to singing, it's quite impressive.

I was introduced to him through a set he played recently at the Boiler Room in London which has really catapulted him to a global audience, it's worth a watch

But this is his second album

Fred Again - Actual Life 2

His 3rd is on pre order

20221006_133229.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Some more beauties

From top left round

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - uTP (the 4th in the virus series remasters)

Pink Floyd - Animals (the new 2018 mix)
Have to be careful on this, quality control is really poor, there's generally a 40% returns rate due to scratches. Mine doesn't look too bad visually but will play it to be sure

Thelonius Monk - Monks Dream
This is the 2017 Impex version which is supposed to be phenomenal and found it Near Mint from a good seller on Discogs at a very reasonable cost. Looks brand new.

20221007_090757.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was naughty, have dipped into my petrol account to get this, can't really afford it right now, but I know they're gonna sell out before I can, so I've just leapt on it. The bundle offers have already sold out and it's only been listed a few weeks.

It's an 8 month pre order, release isn't until the end of July!

It's a 10th Anniversary boxset of one of Above & Beyonds albums on six 12" records with 1 track per side, Group Therapy, it's all the best remixes which haven't been released on vinyl, only digital, plus comes with a slipmat, limited prints and digital download.

I'm such an A&B nerd and I loved this album, so this was an essential release for me.

And it's finally arrived! Only 11 months later!

Well worth the wait I'm sure.

Above & Beyond - 10 Years Of Group Therapy
6 disk box set

20221028_130638.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You're very welcome !!!
So, what do you think about the vinyl ?
Just spinning it now for the first time, it's really nice, dirty old southern blues with big band, really really nice. Well recorded, lovely pressing with no ticks or pops, piano and double bass come through extremely well. Very nice indeed.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Tiesto - In Search Of Sunrise 6 Ibiza Sampler, very few vinyl copies released in 2007 and now worth around 200 Euros, just reissued limited copies

Jon Gurd - Phoenix

20221104_085602.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a hugely important LP for me, I was online when this went on sale, but he always releases really low volumes of vinyl and the site almost always crashes. This one sold out within a minute and I didn't manage to snag one, couldn't even load the site,this was summer last year.

Seven Lions - 1999 EP

This is important as it was his first release away from heavy dubstep, this is actually 4 very beautiful trance tunes. I absolutely can't wait to spin this!

20221108_140238.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another cool one. This is a Mike Push alias - Scanner which is some of his earlier harder stuff.

Scanner - Retrospective Volume 1

Look at this vinyl!!!

20221109_090648.jpg

20221109_090829.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Perhaps my second release off the new "reflections" label from anjuna which is more oriented at chill out stuff.

Yotto - Erased Tapes

20221111_084732.jpg