Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
So sorry if someone's posted this already but only just come across it.

It's a Christmas Movie for adults, basically a recreation of Die Hard with a twist, I'm looking forward to this!

Due for release December 2nd in Cinemas.

That looks outstanding! Looking forward to that one :D

robin h 25

For the Star Trek Fans, like myself...
Picard Season 3 Trailer...

I for one, I'm overjoyed in seeing the Enterprise NCC 1701 - F make an appearance, After 11 year of the ship being in the Star Trek Online game and not being cannon to the Star Trek lore, The Enterprise F is now cannon to the main stream Star Trek lore.

The Enterprise F in Star Trek Online
Enterprise F, Star Trek Online.jpg

The Enterprise F Finally shows it's self on the small screen, A quick glimpse during Picard season 3 trailer
NCC 1701-F.png

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Season 3 looks absolutely fantastic. Gone properly back to the roots.

I've really enjoyed Picard but it wasn't really what I was expecting. Season 3 looks like it will be. Looks to be a fantastic send off too with so many old characters showing up.

Was that Moriarty at the end? o_O

Took longer than I thought for Lore too. Fully expected him to show up earlier.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I've been on my annual 31 days of horror this is what I've watched so far with very brief comments

Hellraiser (2022) - Really really good actually, return to the classic
The Craft: Legacy - Absolutely hot garbage that misses everything the original did so well
The Crazies - One of the best horror remakes
Train to Busan - Up there in the convo for the best zombie movie ever?
Blackcoats Daughter - I really don't mind slow movies but this is slow and nothing happens, pretty boring with the occasional spook
Possessor - Really didn't expect everything this one threw at me, loved it
In the Mouth of Madness - Carpenter classic, watch it every year
Blair Witch - Classic horror movie, don't need to say anything about this one. I know not technically the first but sparked a whole genre
Creep - Amazing "found footage" movie, strongly recommend
Lords of Chaos - Not sure if I can count this as horror but has horror themes, "True story" about the origins of Norwegian black metal but it's pretty bad all things considered. I had fun though

Last edited:

steaky360

Just to continue from @Steveyg post above regarding 'Spooktober' movies.

Caught Hellraiser [2022] over the weekend and also very much enjoyed it. Certainly better than the latter prior Hellraiser movies (although I still enjoyed them too)
Speak no Evil [2022] - is good, definitely subverts expectations, its slow but distinctly 'odd' the whole way through.
The Dark and the Wicked [2020] - super bleak, slow burn horror
The Visitor [2022] - bit slow to start but accelerates to a strange crescendo by the end.
Glorious [2022] - cosmic horror, its a bit weird but if you like your Lovecraftian style stuff you may well enjoy it too!
Mad God [2021] - stop motion, super weird but very cool

Looking forward to V/H/S [2022] on Shudder, I'm a bit of a fan of this genre of horror and enjoyed the previous V/H/S entries (would recommend if anyone's not seen them).

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just to continue from @Steveyg post above regarding 'Spooktober' movies.

Caught Hellraiser [2022] over the weekend and also very much enjoyed it. Certainly better than the latter prior Hellraiser movies (although I still enjoyed them too)
Speak no Evil [2022] - is good, definitely subverts expectations, its slow but distinctly 'odd' the whole way through.
The Dark and the Wicked [2020] - super bleak, slow burn horror
The Visitor [2022] - bit slow to start but accelerates to a strange crescendo by the end.
Glorious [2022] - cosmic horror, its a bit weird but if you like your Lovecraftian style stuff you may well enjoy it too!
Mad God [2021] - stop motion, super weird but very cool

Looking forward to V/H/S [2022] on Shudder, I'm a bit of a fan of this genre of horror and enjoyed the previous V/H/S entries (would recommend if anyone's not seen them).
VHS movies are great, I love the cult segment from I think the Philippians

Glorious is added to my list, sounds right up my street. Did you see Colour out of Space for some Lovecraftian madness?

They really did do a good job of hellraiser which I'm glad for, the general consensus seems to be in agreement that it's a very good instalment. The first is a masterpiece and I love the second but honestly the rest can be skipped (I love them but there is a considerable drop in quality after the second)

Bhuna50

Author Level
Didnt realise they were doing another series, but Avenue 5 season 2 has appeared on my TV Shows app.

Also one that I thought had got cancelled and wasnt coming back (must have dreamt that lol), Criminal Minds Season 16 starts end of November.

Not sure if anyone watched it but Slow Horses season 2 is due 2 December as well

Tom Clancys Jack Ryan season 3 = 21 December

Alice in Bordeland season 2 = 22 December.

Picard seems to be scheduled for 16 February.

Teen Wolf Season 6 special 27 Jan

DC Titans season 4 starts 3 November.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another Series that's just had it's first season made public on Disney+

The Old Man - Jeff Bridges starring

A former CIA officer who's living off the grid finds himself on the run from people who want to kill him.

Anything with Jeff Bridges I pay serious attention to, what a legend.

Last edited:

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I've just watched Red (2010).

In this all-star thriller Frank, Joe, Marvin and Victoria were the CIA's top agents but the secrets they know have made them targets. Framed for assassination, they must stay one step ahead of their pursuers. So they try to break into the CIA HQ to uncover one of the biggest cover-ups in government history.

That's their description by the way. It's so predictable and dire, it's good :LOL:
Starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker, with John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman and Brian Cox. Even Ernest Borgnine makes an appearance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just watched Red (2010).

In this all-star thriller Frank, Joe, Marvin and Victoria were the CIA's top agents but the secrets they know have made them targets. Framed for assassination, they must stay one step ahead of their pursuers. So they try to break into the CIA HQ to uncover one of the biggest cover-ups in government history.

That's their description by the way. It's so predictable and dire, it's good :LOL:
Starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker, with John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman and Brian Cox. Even Ernest Borgnine makes an appearance
Classic film, there's a second one also which is good too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just finished the new Bullet Train with Brad Pitt starring.

It's got some really bad press, but I have to say, although I missed a few bits as was doing PC stuff while watching it, I enjoyed it.

It's over the top, everything ties in with everything and there are about 7 or 8 storylines that you need to follow as they all interlink, but it's uplifting, funny, enjoyable characters, quite clever writing.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Watched these for my spooktober feeding this week, I'm a little behind gona have to marathon a few this weekend

Upgrade - Awesome horror adjacent sci-fi AI movie, can't recommend this enough it's fantastic
Candyman - Absolute classic in all sense of the word, Tony Todd is incredible

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've just finished the new Bullet Train with Brad Pitt starring.

It's got some really bad press, but I have to say, although I missed a few bits as was doing PC stuff while watching it, I enjoyed it.

It's over the top, everything ties in with everything and there are about 7 or 8 storylines that you need to follow as they all interlink, but it's uplifting, funny, enjoyable characters, quite clever writing.
This movie, for me, is between a Guy Ritchie and a Quentin Tarantino movie.
It was really pleasant to see it ^^

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had a bit of a theme went for these

Hell House LLC - pretty decent actually
Grave Encounters - fun and silly
As Above So Below - One of my personal favourites
Scary Movie - missus wanted to watch something funny

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The "Whassup" bit, it's not even funny but I wet myself to that, it's just so childish it's hilarious. And the sex scene at the end. So funny.
Everything about Scary Movie is incredible every time I watch it I crack up

"Cindy I need you to look at a couple of photos if that's ok" had me in bits