Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I finished Sandman. I'm still not sure. I'll definitely watch the 2nd season though. I'm just not sure I would recommend it as it's very much a niche piece of viewing. I am enjoying it...... I'm just not sure why (if that even makes sense).

Just watched Spiderhead. I actually watched it after the trailer on Netflix as it looked, erm.... interesting. It seemed unique to me, I don't think I've seen anything with that premise before. It's actually a very good idea with a strange execution. Lots of things just need to be accepted as they are with no lead in, the characters are extremely one dimensional and it's a bit thin on plot. it's not as bad, IMO, as the 5.4 rating on IMDB though, I've genuinely watched far worse. If you've nothing else on, like me tonight, it might just fill a couple of hours.

My Dad did turn it off 3/4 of the way through though, and this is a man that enjoys NCIS...... take from that what you will.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Oh... I watched I Came By.... I purely stuck with it to get closure from the story. I will not be watching this one again, I wanted to give up half way and actually considered reading the plot to get the ending. Very, very, lazy writing IMO. The whole thing felt forced from the get go. The performances were decent, I'll give them that, but the plot/story/premise was razor thin and it's a, poor, black mirror episode strung out to a movie.

By comparison, I enjoyed Spiderhead more.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I know I'm spamming here.... but I just noticed. There's a ton of really good content on Netflix right now. I'm wondering if its maybe just been added, or if it just so happens to have made its way into my lists due to my viewing.

However:

Escape From Alcatraz - Classic Clint
Big Stan - It's definitely a scoop the brain out comedy but it's quite funny
Kill Bill - Needs no intro
Outbreak - Definitely one of the better virus movies, loved this when it came out
Mechanic - Excellent action, Statham at his best IMO
The Crow - Another I shouldn't need to describe, one of my favourites of all time
RepoMen - A good tale, very cold movie..... it's got an authenticity to it.
The Last Witch Hunter - I'm not sure how this one tracks but I really enjoyed it
Lord of War - Brilliant execution in this one (pun intended)
Equilibrium - This may be an age thing as it panned but I absolutely loved this movie. I loved the emotion through the cold feel and I think Bale was seriously underestimated at this time.
Escape Plan - Just good fun. The latter sequels are dross, this isn't great and it's pretty predictable but it's a decent budget.
Jack Reacher - Cruise can't be believed to be Reacher in stature, but he actually pulls it off well. Good story telling.
Snow White and the Huntsman - This one caught me off guard. It's really good.

Is it just me or is there a ton of top class movies on Netflix right now? (Stardust, Paycheck, Don't mess with Zohan, Labrinth, Saving Private Ryan, Waterworld, Hobbit, Battleship, Warcraft, V for Vendetta)

Seriously, I'm impressed. They're obviously gearing up nicely for their price change haha.

Edit: Holy moly... Heat, American Made, The Blues Brothers, Point Break, The Hunger Games, the Sting.... wow.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Rings of Power might as well be the only thing that exists at the minute for me, spending most of time answering questions from my mates about who is who and what's going on. I enjoy it but have issue with how casual everyone is around Galadriel. She's already ancient even by elven time scales at the time of rings of power but they definitely aren't treating her with the respect she's already earned

Think Cate Blanchet absolutely crushed her portrayal of Galadriel but I like the show and like what they are doing with it so far. The Dwarfs are amazing!

Strongly recommend and if you're watching and have questions I'm happy to help answer any, Gigantic Tolkien nerd

Karate Kid out on Friday too

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, so, as you may have understand already, i'm a star wars fan, and this 2 news series looks awesome (i really have to finish clone wars thought :D)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just watched born to race 1 & 2. As you would expect, they aren't particularly good.

I had some proper laugh out loud moments at the Top Gun & Days of Thunder quotes though. Whoever wrote the movie is clearly a big fan.

I wouldn't bother unless you're really bored.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I know its been out a few days but today I binge watched the new series of Cobra Kai.

I wont say whether I enjoyed it or not, or anything about it as dont want to spoil anything for anyone.

Now I'm binge watching The Imperfects - not quite sure about this one - seems like there's something not quite right about it :D :D

David689

Gold Level Poster
Ok. Finished watching Breaking Bad (apart from the movie which will be tonight’s bedtime viewing and am up to date with The Expanse. Have to say Shame BB came to an end but couldn’t see where else it would go (not saying any more as don’t want to spoil anything).

Anyone watched the Better Call Saul spin off, is it worth starting them and getting into it or does it fizzle out as the series goes on?

With the Christmas break over for The Good Doctor, FBIs, NCISs, SWAT, Chicago’s, 9-1-1s, and with Batwoman and The Flash soon to start up again there’s plenty to get my teeth umm eyes into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a bit late to this thread but will add that I thought "Better Call Saul" was excellent, and just as good as Breaking Bad except for the last series which was apalling. I get "slow burn" but for me the "slow burn" went out! And by the seasin finale I just wasn't interested and the ending was "meh"! I wonder what other BB fans thought of Better Call Saul?

Bhuna50

Author Level
I'm a bit late to this thread but will add that I thought "Better Call Saul" was excellent, and just as good as Breaking Bad except for the last series which was apalling. I get "slow burn" but for me the "slow burn" went out! And by the seasin finale I just wasn't interested and the ending was "meh"! I wonder what other BB fans thought of Better Call Saul?

You are a bit late to the thread as, 1 year 9 months later, I have now watched Better Call Saul...and seem to have thought the same as you re the ending, but I still watched it all :D

RobMc

The forums here have been such a great resource in helping me pick parts for my spec, so I'm desperate to give something back to the members! Here's a Trakt list scrobbled from my Plex of TV Shows from the last decade or thereabouts. They're in no particular order and there's some really obvious ones (Breaking Bad etc) down to some obscure ones. All different genres. I tried to avoid adding in some great shows that were prematurely cancelled, apart from where they were still worth the effort IMO. Enjoy!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So sorry if someone's posted this already but only just come across it.

It's a Christmas Movie for adults, basically a recreation of Die Hard with a twist, I'm looking forward to this!

Due for release December 2nd in Cinemas.

Now that looks a really good Christmas film, reckon I'll have to go see that😂