NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

9of9

I'm in a weird situation with my order. I switched my order to the 3090 last week within a minute of the pre-orders going up at 2pm, but I still have no idea when to expect the PC to get built, or how far down the 3090 pre-order queue I am. And sure, if I have to wait, I have to wait...

But what's really weird is that if I amend my order to the 3090 Strix, it comes out as £38 cheaper than the 3090 I already have ordered, even though it's the better card? So I'm properly confused now. And with no info on what the wait times will be either way, I've no idea if I'll be screwing myself over to a weeks-long wait for a 3090 Strix if I do switch, or if I'm going to be waiting weeks for a 3090 anyhow.

The lack of transparency over what's going on with the stock and my order is really frustrating :mad:

yousaidit

I am a bit shocked what’s happened with mine today, not sure if they some 3080 stock but were returning it to suppliers but now decided to use it given the Nvidia driver update. I think it is hard for PCS when there suppliers haven’t being send what they asked for.

I think in general in this thread the attitude has been one of patience and understanding. Everyone knows this is difficult for PCS. But it’s getting to the point where some more communication would be helpful. Other retailers have met customers halfway on this, giving details (where they can) in a way that everyone can see and understand. Some are even posting dates of when they are expecting orders, and if those orders have arrived and been shipped to customers. Obviously PCS can’t make false promises – or say anything so vague it would pointlessly jeopardize orders. But a daily update that explains the latest – even if it‘s boilerplate -- would probably save a few dozen support calls, a couple of cancellations, and put the most restless among us at greater ease.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I think in general in this thread the attitude has been one of patience and understanding. Everyone knows this is difficult for PCS. But it’s getting to the point where some more communication would be helpful. Other retailers have met customers halfway on this, giving details (where they can) in a way that everyone can see and understand. Some are even posting dates of when they are expecting orders, and if those orders have arrived and been shipped to customers. Obviously PCS can’t make false promises – or say anything so vague it would pointlessly jeopardize orders. But a daily update that explains the latest – even if it‘s boilerplate -- would probably save a few dozen support calls, a couple of cancellations, and put the most restless among us at greater ease.
Well that's the big issue. Just from reading other forums, every retailer seems to be in the same boat regarding stock availability. If they don't know when or how much stock they're gonna receive they can't exactly pass on false information to the customer. It's annoying to wait but we're all in the same boat.

The only thing I dislike about PCS is that they take the money when the order is placed. I think it should be on the day of the PC build. Taking thousands on a PC that you might not receive for a month or 2 is a little sneaky imo.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Well that's the big issue. Just from reading other forums, every retailer seems to be in the same boat regarding stock availability. If they don't know when or how much stock they're gonna receive they can't exactly pass on false information to the customer. It's annoying to wait but we're all in the same boat.

The only thing I dislike about PCS is that they take the money when the order is placed. I think it should be on the day of the PC build. Taking thousands on a PC that you might not receive for a month or 2 is a little sneaky imo.

Personally I'm semi ok with waiting, the longer it takes the nearer the zen chips and AMD GPU.
I don't think it'll take that long but if it does its a gained opportunity to change a couple of things on my order.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Personally I'm semi ok with waiting, the longer it takes the nearer the zen chips and AMD GPU.
I don't think it'll take that long but if it does its a gained opportunity to change a couple of things on my order.
The new Zen chips are the only reason I've not put in an order already. I know I probably could do it and change the order before building, but knowing my luck, the build would be ready before the chips are released!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's normal business practice.

D

Deleted member 103489

I'm in a weird situation with my order. I switched my order to the 3090 last week within a minute of the pre-orders going up at 2pm, but I still have no idea when to expect the PC to get built, or how far down the 3090 pre-order queue I am. And sure, if I have to wait, I have to wait...

But what's really weird is that if I amend my order to the 3090 Strix, it comes out as £38 cheaper than the 3090 I already have ordered, even though it's the better card? So I'm properly confused now. And with no info on what the wait times will be either way, I've no idea if I'll be screwing myself over to a weeks-long wait for a 3090 Strix if I do switch, or if I'm going to be waiting weeks for a 3090 anyhow.

The lack of transparency over what's going on with the stock and my order is really frustrating :mad:
Did you originally order the 3090 on thhe 24th at 2pm

I did this also and changed my order to the rog strix and this gave me credit amount of also around £38

this was due to the 3090 none rog strix price going from. £1688 to £1519

may be different for you but you should see credit refund amount on your notes?

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Well my pc was supposed to go into build yesterday as of the estimation, but due to it being an estimation it wasn't guaranteed, and by the looks of it it didn't go into build. Any one else in the same boat? Or did some of you get your PC into build?
same boat, contacted the chat support on friday. the agent told me that the status would change on monday. It's still in pre-production (8 working days now).

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
My order currently says in building. Should I be excited?
can i ask around what time you ordered ? (or maybe the order number) ?
I regret trying to order on other websites first and only ordered the build around 5pm on the 17th of september... :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

The strix isn’t necessarily a better card, certainly not against an FE model. If you need further clarification, just call them.

I agree that the waiting is objectively fine - from an objective standpoint you could tell me I would get my order at the end of November and I wouldn’t care – from an objective standpoint. It’s the actual minutes that are annoying - or the day-by-day wondering. Just a bit more communication would make it easier especially because - as others have said - the money is already gone. And I‘m bored!

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I agree that the waiting is objectively fine - from an objective standpoint you could tell me I would get my order at the end of November and I wouldn’t care – from an objective standpoint. It’s the actual minutes that are annoying - or the day-by-day wondering. Just a bit more communication would make it easier especially because - as others have said - the money is already gone. And I‘m bored!

Know how you feel bud. I'm a first time PC buyer my xbox is literally redundant sitting in corner because I refuse to play it (I have now fully committed myself to master pc race lol). Keep going on steam adding games to the wishlist lol.