NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
My build date has gone from 1st oct to 5th oct(ordered 22nd)
ordered 17th at 5h30 pm > Same, went from 30/09 to 5/10 for estimated build date this morning.
They re most likely just updating every 5 days, giving a 5 days eta because they have no idea of how their stock will be.
If at least they could provide some kind of tool to see where our order is in the queue, that would be cool. Guess it's probably a lot to ask at the moment tho.

target680

Bronze Level Poster
ordered 17th at 5h30 pm > Same, went from 30/09 to 5/10 for estimated build date this morning.
They re most likely just updating every 5 days, giving a 5 days eta because they have no idea of how their stock will be.
If at least they could provide some kind of tool to see where our order is in the queue, that would be cool. Guess it's probably a lot to ask at the moment tho.

Im in the UK and im the same. Order like half hour after launch.
Kind of feel bad for the pc builders its not really there fault they are ready to go just waiting on stock.

Also what i realised yesterday. Guys (it hasnt even been 2 weeks yet lol). It feels like ages and ages because like me i assume you are watching threads and videos of all the 3080 news. But it hasnt even been 2 weeks yet.

Just hope stock comes in this week. Would be amazing

Last edited:

Haywire23z

Frustrated with PCS. I ordered a 3090 because the website said it was ready to ship, and so did the support guy on the phone, and they took my £1.5k. It's been 3 working days now and it still hasn't shipped.

Keep in mind this is just the graphics card, not a computer, so it's just a case of packaging it and sending it off. I only bought because it was in stock, if I wanted a pre-order, I'd have gone with a company that actually lets you choose the brand/make...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Frustrated with PCS. I ordered a 3090 because the website said it was ready to ship, and so did the support guy on the phone, and they took my £1.5k. It's been 3 working days now and it still hasn't shipped.

Keep in mind this is just the graphics card, not a computer, so it's just a case of packaging it and sending it off. I only bought because it was in stock, if I wanted a pre-order, I'd have gone with a company that actually lets you choose the brand/make...
Was this via the upgrade service for an existing PCS build?

steaky360

I doubt you’ll receive it for a while unless you ordered on the minute of release, it’s going to be the same with all the 3000 series, stocks are incredibly low.
Even if you did, you will still probably be in the queue.

Although its kind of a moot point, I think the support person was probably correct in what they said, however they might not have had access to information about the queue/current allocations for those cards. I appreciate this doesn't detract from any frustration @Haywire23z will be feeling though...

Edit: Removing above thought based on @Haywire23z comments below.

Haywire23z

I doubt you’ll receive it for a while unless you ordered on the minute of release, it’s going to be the same with all the 3000 series, stocks are incredibly low.
This is what I thought, which is why I was surprised to see it was listed as being in stock so I called to confirm it. When PCS themselves confirmed that "stock levels are even with orders and you'll receive yours next week", I had no reason not to believe them.

My thinking was: PCS won't have received the same rush for these cards as other companies because in order to get one from them, you have to buy an entire system or have already bought a system from them. That excludes most buyers.

I do already have a pre-order with Scan, which I would have cancelled if PCS were able to deliver, so I'll just have to get a refund if they can't. Still annoying though I was hoping to finally ditch my GT 1030 and play something other than Minecraft!

steaky360

This is what I thought, which is why I was surprised to see it was listed as being in stock so I called to confirm it. When PCS themselves confirmed that "stock levels are even with orders and you'll receive yours next week", I had no reason not to believe them.

My thinking was: PCS won't have received the same rush for these cards as other companies because in order to get one from them, you have to buy an entire system or have already bought a system from them. That excludes most buyers.

I do already have a pre-order with Scan, which I would have cancelled if PCS were able to deliver, so I'll just have to get a refund if they can't. Still annoying though I was hoping to finally ditch my GT 1030 and play something other than Minecraft!
I retract my prior statement on this basis, if you were told you would get it delivered next week then it should be, although they've got till Friday to make good on that statement.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Also what i realised yesterday. Guys (it hasnt even been 2 weeks yet lol). It feels like ages and ages because like me i assume you are watching threads and videos of all the 3080 news. But it hasnt even been 2 weeks yet.
two weeks seem short but we ve been waiting weeks or months already for the GPU to be released.
i think that's what s causing the most frustration is that People didnt want a paper launch, but were given one...
(also been playing on laptop for the past 10years, i finally have a place where i can have a real setup...but i still have to wait #pain)
as you said, hopefully constructors are really shipping GPU in decent quantities this time, and PCS will be able to ship relatively fast.
talking about that, any idea if PCS build the setup in advance and just wait for the GPU to come, or is it completely blocked ?

steaky360

two weeks seem short but we ve been waiting weeks or months already for the GPU to be released.
i think that's what s causing the most frustration is that People didnt want a paper launch, but were given one...
(also been playing on laptop for the past 10years, i finally have a place where i can have a real setup...but i still have to wait #pain)
as you said, hopefully constructors are really shipping GPU in decent quantities this time, and PCS will be able to ship relatively fast.
talking about that, any idea if PCS build the setup in advance and just wait for the GPU to come, or is it completely blocked ?
None of the re-sellers nor the system integrators had any control over the delivery of the cards unfortunately.

Regards the building of orders, normally from what I've seen, an order won't go into building with a component out of stock, however that could change given the high demand recently for these rigs, perhaps they will (I still doubt it though as it means sitting a partially completed order in a bay, taking that bay out of action).

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
None of the re-sellers nor the system integrators had any control over the delivery of the cards unfortunately.

Regards the building of orders, normally from what I've seen, an order won't go into building with a component out of stock, however that could change given the high demand recently for these rigs, perhaps they will (I still doubt it though as it means sitting a partially completed order in a bay, taking that bay out of action).

I doubt it also. I'm on day 19 of preproduction.

target680

Bronze Level Poster

I have been waiting so long to order a PC was going with a 2080ti, decided to hold out a few more months for the 3080. Glad i did actually. The whole delivery of this new card is madness why they didnt expect huge orders being placed straight away is beyond me.

Ive been paying on my laptop also for about a year. Got a Dell XPS 15 its fine for 1080p and 60fps. But jeez i can wait for a pc that i dont need to undervolt and throttle the cpu clocks.

I still think this week and next week they will get cards delievered steadily which should release some of these orders.

I just want the machine before the PS5 releases, thats my goal. If i dont have by then i dont no how i will stop myself from buying a PS5. Maybe tie myself to the floor.

target680

Bronze Level Poster

I was wondering if they are already built ready for the GPU to be plugged in. It would make sense.

I only worry that if they get a huge shipment and have to put loads of rigs together at once quality control may slip.

Ive been watching lots of self build videos and snag videos so if i get a machine i can open it up and check for loose things and plugged in things.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I was wondering if they are already built ready for the GPU to be plugged in. It would make sense.

I only worry that if they get a huge shipment and have to put loads of rigs together at once quality control may slip.

Ive been watching lots of self build videos and snag videos so if i get a machine i can open it up and check for loose things and plugged in things.

Not really. Someone could turn around and say actually I don't want order anymore.
As they say "time is money."