Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Couple of really special ones.

The new Enigma State single, Sacred Art / State Of Mind. This guy is a legend, he's got all the old classic music making hardware from the 90's the original synths, the DAW is in an old Amiga, it's literally a 90's setup. As such, he creates new tunes, completely unique, not copying, but in that classic 90's trance sound. This is his second single released on vinyl, only 300 copies of each, I'm very lucky to have a copy of his first too.

And this second one hit my radar, a second hand VG+ copy came up on the original buyers club I'm a member of, never heard of it before, released in 1999 by an Austrian outfit and there weren't many released and it's quite rare, never been repressed, was fully deleted from what I know. It's classed as Downtempo, very much reminds me of Cinematic Orchestra in big sweeping orchestral with synth soundscapes crossed with some deep chilled laid back early leftfield sounds. They wanted quite a premium on the original buyers club and it wasn't a pristine copy so I went on a hunt.

Found this copy from a lovely guy on eBay just looking for a quick sale, it's was listed Near Mint and priced 2/3 of what the OBC were wanting so I took a risk. It is absolutely pristine, the guy said he thought he'd only played it once when he bought it, and it was his original copy. They release one further album after this in 2002 which I have on the way also.

Trance Classics Presents - Enigma State - Sacred Art / State Of Mind
Peace Orchestra - Peace Orchestra

View attachment 39449

ive listened to enigma state - transolar out of interest

it reminds me of avicii/ scooter, that sort of vibe, anyway looks cool,

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm a HUGE fan of Evanescence. These guys were promoting this new album and heard a snippet of one of their tracks on twitter and it's really damn good, so thought I'd pick up this new album.

@Steveyg I'm sure you've probably already heard of them but would be up your street I think

Within Temptation - Bleed out, limited 2 x 45rpm copy

View attachment 39429
Yeah Within Temptation have been around for a long time now they are fairly decent. They've been kind of surpassed for me with the likes of Spirit Box or Jinjer for a female fronted heavy band only Spirit Box and Jinjer are doing more interesting things in my opinion especially Spirit Box. There newest EP that came out a few weeks ago is incredible

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Peace Orchestra - Reset, from 2002, this is a remix project headed up by the Gotan Project on reworks of the original Peace Orchestra album. I actually thought it was a second album, doh!

But glad to have it anyway.

Scan from 2023-12-06 02_47_37 PM.jpg

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
Couple of really special ones.

The new Enigma State single, Sacred Art / State Of Mind. This guy is a legend, he's got all the old classic music making hardware from the 90's the original synths, the DAW is in an old Amiga, it's literally a 90's setup. As such, he creates new tunes, completely unique, not copying, but in that classic 90's trance sound. This is his second single released on vinyl, only 300 copies of each, I'm very lucky to have a copy of his first too.

And this second one hit my radar, a second hand VG+ copy came up on the original buyers club I'm a member of, never heard of it before, released in 1999 by an Austrian outfit and there weren't many released and it's quite rare, never been repressed, was fully deleted from what I know. It's classed as Downtempo, very much reminds me of Cinematic Orchestra in big sweeping orchestral with synth soundscapes crossed with some deep chilled laid back early leftfield sounds. They wanted quite a premium on the original buyers club and it wasn't a pristine copy so I went on a hunt.

Found this copy from a lovely guy on eBay just looking for a quick sale, it's was listed Near Mint and priced 2/3 of what the OBC were wanting so I took a risk. It is absolutely pristine, the guy said he thought he'd only played it once when he bought it, and it was his original copy. They release one further album after this in 2002 which I have on the way also.

Trance Classics Presents - Enigma State - Sacred Art / State Of Mind
Peace Orchestra - Peace Orchestra

View attachment 39449
I love that Peace Orchestra album along with most stuff from Kruder and/or Dorfmeister. Their DJ Kicks is still getting fairly regular play as it fast approaches its thirtieth birthday.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I love that Peace Orchestra album along with most stuff from Kruder and/or Dorfmeister. Their DJ Kicks is still getting fairly regular play as it fast approaches its thirtieth birthday.
Recently picked up the 5 disc 20th anniversary box of the K&D Sessions which is absolutely superb, they did a really good job of it.

True talents

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
We had our family Christmas today early as my sister and nieces were over from Australia. All the adults do Bad Santa, and I stole this off my Cousin. Looks a really interesting read. There are some very famous covers like the Velvet Underground and Nico Banana by Andy Warhol, but there are loads of lesser known examples out there including an extremely cool one for Blur done by Banksy on Think Tank which is obvious when you see it, just wasn't aware of the album previously.

Scan from 2023-12-10 08_24_29 PM.jpg

And then Anjuna were having a sale on their back catalogue. I have a spare of Acoustic 1 but didn't have a spare of this so will keep this sealed for the future.

There are rumours that Above & Beyond may be announcing a split next year. They're promised a 3rd Acoustic album for a few years now, but the pandemic got in the way, but I'm holding out for that next year. They've all ventured into solo projects or partnerships outside of A&B, it does appear the solidity may have broken. We'll see.

Scan from 2023-12-10 08_29_16 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
We had our family Christmas today early as my sister and nieces were over from Australia. All the adults do Bad Santa, and I stole this off my Cousin. Looks a really interesting read. There are some very famous covers like the Velvet Underground and Nico Banana by Andy Warhol, but there are loads of lesser known examples out there including an extremely cool one for Blur done by Banksy on Think Tank which is obvious when you see it, just wasn't aware of the album previously.

View attachment 39540

And then Anjuna were having a sale on their back catalogue. I have a spare of Acoustic 1 but didn't have a spare of this so will keep this sealed for the future.

There are rumours that Above & Beyond may be announcing a split next year. They're promised a 3rd Acoustic album for a few years now, but the pandemic got in the way, but I'm holding out for that next year. They've all ventured into solo projects or partnerships outside of A&B, it does appear the solidity may have broken. We'll see.

View attachment 39541
Socks with sandals is just so wrong

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hania Rani - Live from Studio S2 Warsaw

This is a beautiful live Neo-classical piece that was recommended by Olafur Arnalds who I rate extremely highly.

Scan from 2023-12-12 10_32_55 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Quite a nice one over from US

This is the new Limited Edition of Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club on bluey swirl vinyl

It was never released on vinyl until Record Store Day in 2018 on blue vinyl, those now sell for about £250 which is just insane for a 5 year old record. But all her stuff is rarely repressed and in very high demand so prices do rise rapidly, and you have to jump on them pretty quick when they're in pre-sale.

Pretty pleased with this one, and personally I think the vinyl colour is far nicer than the standard blue of the original 2018 one.

Scan from 2023-12-14 08_12_34 PM.jpg

R-29107669-1701721959-8059.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Quite a nice one over from US

This is the new Limited Edition of Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club on bluey swirl vinyl

It was never released on vinyl until Record Store Day in 2018 on blue vinyl, those now sell for about £250 which is just insane for a 5 year old record. But all her stuff is rarely repressed and in very high demand so prices do rise rapidly, and you have to jump on them pretty quick when they're in pre-sale.

Pretty pleased with this one, and personally I think the vinyl colour is far nicer than the standard blue of the original 2018 one.

View attachment 39584

View attachment 39589
Guess what arrived in my door this evening also :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Guess what arrived in my door this evening also :D
Have you opened it yet and spun it? I'm waiting for the weekend, reviews look good though on Discogs, a few had the 2018 RSD version and said this is far better, really looking forward to it!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have you opened it yet and spun it? I'm waiting for the weekend, reviews look good though on Discogs, a few had the 2018 RSD version and said this is far better, really looking forward to it!
No, not played yet.

I took it out. I thought the inner sleeve was a little poorly sized as it's difficult to get the thing in n oot. It's a lovely disc though.

Look forward to a listen :)

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

View attachment 39540

View attachment 39541

socks with sandal's

You Re A Monster GIFs | Tenor

ok too harsh, how about

Danger GIF - AustinPowers MikeMyers DangerIsMyMiddleName - Discover ...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Koan Sound - Led By Ancient Light, the collectors edition. This is a bit out there, came across my twitter feed and checked them out, they're quite unusual, huge cinematic soundscapes but with D&B / Breaks undertones. Includes a 38 page graphic novel. It's a concept album, but they've called it a soundtrack on the cover, it's pretty out there, I love this kind of stuff.

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun, Analogue Productions 45rpm. Slowly getting the whole catalogue in the AP 45s.

Scan from 2023-12-15 08_47_34 AM.jpg

0033106604_10.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No, not played yet.

I took it out. I thought the inner sleeve was a little poorly sized as it's difficult to get the thing in n oot. It's a lovely disc though.

Look forward to a listen :)
Just playing it now, blown away, it's really nice, Bernie Grundman on one of his finer efforts.

Totally agree on the cover, from the pictures, I totally thought the album sign was foil inlay for one, which usually means quite a thick jacket, but yeah, it's very basic.

Last edited: