Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Klur - Visions

Estiva - Infinita

2 more from the enhanced label I've recently been introduced to.

Scan from 2024-01-08 12_46_59 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No idea what this is, but it was hyped up by one of my favourite record stores and then a guy who's taste I really respect was heavily endorsing it on twitter, so thought I'd give it a go.

It's latin American influenced album, she's done a few and this is one completely in Spanish. Looks interesting.

Kali Uchis - Orquideas

Scan from 2024-01-12 06_04_24 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Awesome one today.

This is the original UK Positiva release of Toca's Miracle. I've got a German original too, but really wanted the official Positiva one.

For those that don't know, this was a mashup of the music with lyrics sampled from an old 1996 song called "I need a miracle" by Coco Star and Toca Me by Fragma music.

It was initially a whitelabel release in germany in 1999 until Positiva signed them and released this copy in 2000 which is a bit more commercially polished than the whitelabel.

But then Coco raised a legal dispute in 2012 as she was never given any royalties or credits for her sample by Positiva. This halted all sales and it was illegal to sell them anywhere like discogs or the usual vinyl sites.

This took all the way until the end of 2022 to be resolved in the courts. From what I understand, Positiva re-recorded the track in 2022 with Coco and it does still sound very good, but is not as good as the original. There was also a remix done in 2008 which again, is not as good as the original.

But all versions on streaming sites are not the original, that one is essentially out of circulation now, except for original CD's and vinyl copies.

This one is a warehouse find, never been played! Got it for a really reasonable price as well.

Scan from 2024-01-15 10_26_45 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Heads up if any of you are into House / Trance.

One of my favoritie DJ's, a Brazilian guy by the name Vintage Culture, has just announced his first album.

Any stuff he's released on vinyl has sold out incredibly fast and become highly sought after. I'd recommend to anyone who likes this kind of music, pick on up on pre order.

Musically it's going to be incredible, he gells cutting edge modern house with classic trance sounds, extremely good stuff

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's finally here! Initially ordered on the 24/11 on Black Friday which I very luckily got a 40% discount code through their wonderful Discord channel, it got all the way through customs and I'd paid import fees, was transferred to Royal Mail for delivery and they immediately lost it. As they don't update their system to say it's lost, had to wait until the 26th December understandably for Vinyl Me Please to be certain it wasn't just delayed.

But Vinyl Me Please customer services are fantastic, they totally accepted responsibility even though it wasn't their fault, and shipped a replacement, not only that, but liaised with customs on my behalf so I didn't have to double pay import charges.

And here it is, the Vinyl Me Please Miles Davis Anthology Box in all it's glory! This one is substantially more expensive than ones that had come before, I wasn't going to bother until they gave discord users the 40% off voucher for Black Friday weekend, so actually got it at a steal.

Scan from 2024-01-22 11_07_14 AM.jpg

Scan from 2024-01-22 11_08_04 AM.jpg

Scan from 2024-01-22 11_09_06 AM.jpg

Scan from 2024-01-22 11_10_11 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another one through, really excited about this one

Otis Reading - The Dock Of The Bay, the new Atlantic 75 series from Analogue Productions. This series really are quickly becoming one of the best series in history for quality, everything about them from the jackets to the vinyl formulation, to the price vs the competition UHQR. All the remasters to date done by Ryan K Smith have outdone the originals which rarely happens.

e86dac1c-2329-48ad-9c37-e3c0229f4d0f.jpg

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Awesome one today.

This is the original UK Positiva release of Toca's Miracle. I've got a German original too, but really wanted the official Positiva one.

For those that don't know, this was a mashup of the music with lyrics sampled from an old 1996 song called "I need a miracle" by Coco Star and Toca Me by Fragma music.

It was initially a whitelabel release in germany in 1999 until Positiva signed them and released this copy in 2000 which is a bit more commercially polished than the whitelabel.

But then Coco raised a legal dispute in 2012 as she was never given any royalties or credits for her sample by Positiva. This halted all sales and it was illegal to sell them anywhere like discogs or the usual vinyl sites.

This took all the way until the end of 2022 to be resolved in the courts. From what I understand, Positiva re-recorded the track in 2022 with Coco and it does still sound very good, but is not as good as the original. There was also a remix done in 2008 which again, is not as good as the original.

But all versions on streaming sites are not the original, that one is essentially out of circulation now, except for original CD's and vinyl copies.

This one is a warehouse find, never been played! Got it for a really reasonable price as well.

View attachment 39942

is it this one?

if so banging track (y)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
is it this one?

if so banging track (y)

Yeah, that's it, one of the most popular tracks in dance history. I absolutely adore it.

And I've bought Coco's new 2022 rerecording as well, so at least I've given her some royalties. She definitely deserves absolute credit on this track, it wouldn't be what it is without her vocals.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Yeah, that's it, one of the most popular tracks in dance history. I absolutely adore it.

And I've bought Coco's new 2022 rerecording as well, so at least I've given her some royalties. She definitely deserves absolute credit on this track, it wouldn't be what it is without her vocals.

bet it sounds amazing on vinyl with a proper speakers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
bet it sounds amazing on vinyl with a proper speakers
And completely MINT vinyl too, it sounds absolutely awesome, Positiva really put out good records even in the 2000's when most people had stopped producing them and quality was generally low.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
wish music sounded this good today,
A lot of it does, don’t get into the mind set that modern music is crap, seems to be so common as people age, it’s just not true. 90% of the music I buy is brand new, there are still great producers putting out incredible stuff, check out Thrillseekers, just grab Escape or Alrered State which are his most recent albums and tell me that doesn’t hit you in the feels just as music did back then.

There’s a huge movement from a lot of new producers also doing away with the popular “trance 2.0” style that everyone went towards and going back to classic trance roots.

It’s a great time for music, there’s a renaissance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
wish music sounded this good today,
I guess though, most of the modern music I listen to isn’t mainstream stuff, an awful lot of it is self produced by artists off label or I follow particular labels because of the kinds of artists they promote.

But very little of it is ever on the radio or charts.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Mondo Tron Legacy 10th Anniversary copy, I've got an original US copy but it has a couple of scratches at the end of the last side, and I really like Mondo alternative artwork as well as the cool vinyl covers.

41cbf378-269c-4e89-bb8c-6edf0a3dfd02.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And a few more through

My Venom with wings Funko-Pop
The Ray Charles self titled Atlantic 75th by Analogue Productions, this is supposed to be absolutely incredible
And one I've been keen for for many months, the new Reconnected Volume 4 from the Thrillseekers

The one at the top was a freebie by the place that I got Ray Charles from which was quite a surprise.

Dwight Trible - Ancient Future, turns out it's a psychadelic jazzy souly kind of thing released last May or so.

c3813999-f18c-45bf-accf-a4a7b1642dba.jpg

Last edited:

ingridguerci94

As there’s a few of us on here that appreciate the good old way of listening to your music, thought it might be a good idea to have a running thread where we can share/show off our new purchases.

My dad and I have been discussing The Moody Blues recently, I’ve always been keen on their early stuff and the old boy is more into their progressive work. Had a nice little surprise waiting for me when I got home today, he bought me the best of both worlds! What a top lad.

I sent him a text thanking him and he asked ‘what album do you want next?’

So if I’m a very good boy I might get a copy of Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ in the near future.

I still love listening to this classic song.
Listening to music and [Redacted by @steaky360] is how I relax every day.

Last edited: