rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

hemumr

Does anyone know if we’re assigned our cards when our order is placed? For example, I placed an order when the 3070 was available. It wasn’t greyed out nor did it say it was pre-order. Since I’ve placed my order, it’s now back to pre-order only. My order is still processing but I did order when they were in stock.
I am not sure how it works was anything else greyed out when you ordered? I assume people who ordered at launch should have theirs assigned first, but you could be waiting for other parts before your build starts.

decaro

Enthusiast
Does anyone know if we’re assigned our cards when our order is placed? For example, I placed an order when the 3070 was available. It wasn’t greyed out nor did it say it was pre-order. Since I’ve placed my order, it’s now back to pre-order only. My order is still processing but I did order when they were in stock.
They assign them as they get the cards

decaro

Enthusiast
I am not sure how it works was anything else greyed out when you ordered? I assume people who ordered at launch should have theirs assigned first, but you could be waiting for other parts before your build starts.
Nah they seem to assign it randomly, november orders dispatched before launch day orders

MMBaz

Nothing was greyed out and I had no “ETA re-stock” warnings. When my order was placed, everything was in stock (according to the drop down menu at least).

hemumr

Nothing was greyed out and I had no “ETA re-stock” warnings. When my order was placed, everything was in stock (according to the drop down menu at least).
Do they assign parts when the order is placed or when they start building that confuses me?

MMBaz

Do they assign parts when the order is placed or when they start building that confuses me?
This is what I want to know too. One of the reasons I chose the 3070 was because it said it was in stock. I probably woulda went with the ASUS model or a 3080 if I knew I had to wait. I’m hoping they’re assigned when you place your order. When did you all get ETA build times? I haven’t got one yet and my order still says “processing”.

decaro

Enthusiast
Try the messaging service on their website that has a 24hour turnaround when I use it and yh the phone took me 2 hours yesterday and I was 3rd in the queue
Thats odd because when I asked the order page support they said they couldnt tell me where I am in the queue

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So is mine but im on 24 working days pre production lmao
You've got a while to wait then. It's around 40 days at the moment.
Nah they seem to assign it randomly, november orders dispatched before launch day orders
Please don't spread false information. If you need clarification on your build you need to contact PCS by phone or webchat, email will take almost a week for a reply.

hemumr

Please don't spread false information. If you need clarification on your build you need to contact PCS by phone or webchat, email will take almost a week for a reply.
Your first reply just isn't true tho if some people who orderd 18 working days ago are now in building.

decaro

Enthusiast

The one response I got is that the only item needed is the GPU and seeing people who ordered later getting them before so it seems reasonable to assume its somewhat random, because thats not how a queue works

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The one response I got is that the only item needed is the GPU and seeing people who ordered later getting them before so it seems reasonable to assume its somewhat random, because thats not how a queue works
You have no idea what the situation is with your build until you contact PCS and speak with them directly.

It is not random at all.

decaro

Enthusiast
You have no idea what the situation is with your build until you contact PCS and speak with them directly.

It is not random at all.
Sorry for assuming THEIR webchat support tickets on the order page go to PCS themselves because thats where i got that information from.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry for assuming THEIR webchat support tickets on the order page go to PCS themselves because thats where i got that information from.
What I'm saying is, don't go saying on a public forum something that is untrue just because your order isn't working out how you expect.

Contact PCS directly if you think yours should be in build, don't assume anything.

And don't lead people to think something that isn't true just because yours isn't as expected.

hemumr

Honestly its not cool that they are building all these other PC's before yours without telling you why but you do not know the circumstances they are in with regards to your specific part availabilities so I would advise just be patient I know its hard but try to distance yourself from thinking about it, that might help you. Maybe take a break from the forum and the PCS website until you get a response to your email?