rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

chuccx79

So I bought my rtx 3070 29/10 @ 13:15 (surely must have been one of the first) and still waiting for it. It's an upgrade to my existing build. Does PCS give preference to new builds or is it literally first on the ordering list? I just spoke to them and said can't say even if I'll get it this year!?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I bought my rtx 3070 29/10 @ 13:15 (surely must have been one of the first) and still waiting for it. It's an upgrade to my existing build. Does PCS give preference to new builds or is it literally first on the ordering list? I just spoke to them and said can't say even if I'll get it this year!?
They can’t give any estimates, no one in the world can, not even NVidia, stocks are that bad. No one knows when deliveries are going to be shipped, it’s literally they arrive when they arrive.

You’d have to ask PCS on who gets priority.

I spoke with them this morning, super helpful guy on the phone. There’s a shipment due 18th November and my current build date is 19th. Sounds like it was a delayed launch shipment that should’ve been in back in October. Fingers crossed!!

decaro

Enthusiast
I'd imagine that its just who orders first, I hope so anyway because I also ordered my new system that has one on the 29th around 3:30 so fingers crossed I get one that is in the shipment @LangleyUK7 mentioned :)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I'd imagine that its just who orders first, I hope so anyway because I also ordered my new system that has one on the 29th around 3:30 so fingers crossed I get one that is in the shipment @LangleyUK7 mentioned :)
Whoever ordered first.

The bold part is key, in every other industry it would be a case of when a product releases its a first come first served basis, think like a queue in the shop, I have the product and I'm ready to pay.

As you can't pre-order items from PCS you'd expect that it worked the same way, but it makes sense that they want to keep the time in pre-production as low as possible so it might be in peoples interest to order builds early and simply 'amend' when the new product releases as they will presumably get the part before those who were 'first to buy' so to speak.

decaro

Enthusiast
Whoever ordered first.

The bold part is key, in every other industry it would be a case of when a product releases its a first come first served basis, think like a queue in the shop, I have the product and I'm ready to pay.

As you can't pre-order items from PCS you'd expect that it worked the same way, but it makes sense that they want to keep the time in pre-production as low as possible so it might be in peoples interest to order builds early and simply 'amend' when the new product releases as they will presumably get the part before those who were 'first to buy' so to speak.
hmm, maybe, not sure if many have done that though

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Whoever ordered first.

More than one queue in a shop, and if you walk onto a till that has just opened the chance is you'll get through quicker than someone whose been waiting for 5 minutes 2 tills down from you......

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
More than one queue in a shop, and if you walk onto a till that has just opened the chance is you'll get through quicker than someone whose been waiting for 5 minutes 2 tills down from you......
That analogy presumes you physically have the product in your hands to pay for it, however my analogy is more if a customer came in who was waiting for another part said 'oh but I see this new product has released, I want that with it" and then you have the decision of whether you are going to hold their order for another indefinite length of time or simply assign the part as soon as it comes in to get it done quicker.
And which of those looks better for them? Being able to say they completed an order within X amount of days or honoring the 'first come first served' queue system when nobody knows where they are in the queue anyway? :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That analogy presumes you physically have the product in your hands to pay for it, however my analogy is more if a customer came in who was waiting for another part said 'oh but I see this new product has released, I want that with it" and then you have the decision of whether you are going to hold their order for another indefinite length of time or simply assign the part as soon as it comes in to get it done quicker.
And which of those looks better for them? Being able to say they completed an order within X amount of days or honoring the 'first come first served' queue system when nobody knows where they are in the queue anyway? :)
It was you who said "Think like a queue in a shop"

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Whoever ordered first.

Think about this situation for a moment.

Customer A orders a build containing an RTX 3080 and a Corsair RMx 1000w cooler at 9am today. There are no RTX 3080s in stock and he's allocated the last RMx 1000w cooler on the shelves.

Customer B order a build containing an RTX 2060 and a Corsair RMx 1000w cooler at 8pm today. He's allocated an RTX 2060 but there are no more RMx 1000w coolers on the shelves.

PCS now have two customers waiting, one for an RTX 3080 and one for an RMx 1000w.

If PCS determine from experience that the RMx 1000w is likely to be delivered before the RTX 3080 then it makes complete sense to move the RMx 1000w from customer A to customer B so that customers B's build can be built and shipped.

PCS then have only one customer waiting, and since the RMx 1000w is likely to arrive before the RTX 3080 he will wait no longer than before.

Now you have a situation where customer B, who ordered after customer A, gets his PC first - but at no additional inconvenience to customer A. What's wrong with that?

chuccx79

I spoke with them this morning, super helpful guy on the phone. There’s a shipment due 18th November and my current build date is 19th. Sounds like it was a delayed launch shipment that should’ve been in back in October. Fingers crossed!!
I just hope to get one this year still, and that they get plenty cards on next order. My mobo doesnt hv onboard graphics and been without one for a good 2 months!

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
My build date is the 25th do you think that will change and if I was to receive it how many days after that would u receive the pc

Last edited:

decaro

Enthusiast
Oh where do I find a correct date then?
And why should I ignore the emails
There is no way to get a "correct" date due to just how scarce stock is right now and the emails are automated and don't take into account the aforementioned stock issues so the time will just keep getting extended.

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
Well I ordered my one around 1:15 and as mentioned in the above post the eta for arrival is the 18th so stock will be available from then?

decaro

Enthusiast
Well I ordered my one around 1:15 and as mentioned in the above post the eta for arrival is the 18th so stock will be available from then?
The rumour of the 18th still may not be true but there is a good chance that all of those will be assigned to existing orders so there is no way really to tell when but I have my money on by December at least some get shipped.

Only time will tell, we are all waiting.

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
So just to confirm I should not listen to the emails sent, what about the delivery status on the website?