Performance checks after clean install

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh I just meant in general going forward. I'll look into those things you mentioned. I do music production so my DAW will be on the main and I'm thinking I'll store all my projects and resources, on a 2nd. And I'll look into undervolting as I have never done that before.

Thank you very much for your info and time. Oh, and the heads up about the windows key, silly me!
That's a good idea with the drive layout.

For DAW stuff, you won't have any issues whatsoever with any of the performance, you'll never use what you have in CPU, GPU or RAM to be honest, unless you're doing huge live orchestral recordings with 128 channels or something like that. I'd be extremely suprised if you get anywhere near 64Gb RAM allocation, even 32Gb would be a huge useage.

With DAW stuff though, it's all about latency, you have to configure windows and drivers to minimise latency as much as possible. I'm sure you're aware of this, there are lots of help guides on the web. I'm not certain that chassis is the best for Music use though, that's all, I would have suggested something entirely different without a dGPU. The way the new P core / E core layout on 12th, 13th and 14th Gen, they've moved the IOH (input output hub) off the CPU die itself which can increase command queues depending on what's going on in windows at the time, this of course can increase latency and for some people can attribute to pops and clicks and even stutters in your audio feeds.

You'll need LatencyMon for benching: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Depending on which DAW you're using, you may find you get stuttering in Audio, totally depends what you're using, but with Intel 13th and 14th Gen, generally it's best to fully disable the ecores entirely.

This is absolute worst case scenario, but just to prepare you and give you some pointers to solutions

AndIB

That's a good idea with the drive layout.

For DAW stuff, you won't have any issues whatsoever with any of the performance, you'll never use what you have in CPU, GPU or RAM to be honest, unless you're doing huge live orchestral recordings with 128 channels or something like that. I'd be extremely suprised if you get anywhere near 64Gb RAM allocation, even 32Gb would be a huge useage.

With DAW stuff though, it's all about latency, you have to configure windows and drivers to minimise latency as much as possible. I'm sure you're aware of this, there are lots of help guides on the web. I'm not certain that chassis is the best for Music use though, that's all, I would have suggested something entirely different without a dGPU. The way the new P core / E core layout on 12th, 13th and 14th Gen, they've moved the IOH (input output hub) off the CPU die itself which can increase command queues depending on what's going on in windows at the time, this of course can increase latency and for some people can attribute to pops and clicks and even stutters in your audio feeds.

You'll need LatencyMon for benching: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Depending on which DAW you're using, you may find you get stuttering in Audio, totally depends what you're using, but with Intel 13th and 14th Gen, generally it's best to fully disable the ecores entirely.

This is absolute worst case scenario, but just to prepare you and give you some pointers to solutions
Thanks for that, really appreciate the info. Will have a good read/watch later. Just out of curiosity what config would you have opted for? I wanted a system for both my production work and gaming here and there. Mainly production though as a lot of my projects get real heavy with a lot of VSTs, so I'm hoping I'll be able to throw a lot more at them now.

I think the boost in performance will be great regardless, coming from a Ryzen 5 3600.