PC in for 1 month for repairs, did they even do anything?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmm, so your own kb+m causes could be causing the crashes?

maybe worth completely removing the drivers.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
hmm, so your own kb+m causes could be causing the crashes?

maybe worth completely removing the drivers.

I can't really tell. It's been on longer than this without issue with my keyboard and mouse in. I need to have then in for longer to be able to tell if it's the cause. Though of all the time my PC has been on with my brother keyboard and mouse instead df mine I've had no issues so far.

May need to pick up a cheep keyboard and mouse. If it isn't the cause I will have spares at least I guess.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Says in my sig, Razer Death-adder 2013 mouse and Razer Black Widow 2013 Ultimate.

oh yeah lol, my bad.

Its really really odd though, I would expect that high end gear like that, it shouldnt be causing any issues. - even so, i'd remove all the razer drivers and software, restart the pc a few times. Then download the latest drivers and software from Razer directly. I'd also update the firmware for both devices.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
oh yeah lol, my bad.

Its really really odd though, I would expect that high end gear like that, it shouldnt be causing any issues. - even so, i'd remove all the razer drivers and software, restart the pc a few times. Then download the latest drivers and software from Razer directly. I'd also update the firmware for both devices.

I'm assuming razer drivers for these devices would be on their website? I don't have access to the PC at the moment I can check later. How do I update the firmware of them?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Oh that. I already have that, and it updates automatically. Or should I do a re-install Incase?

well, if it definitely is the Kb+M then i'd reinstall the OS, (use the bro's kb's) then once you are setup, start using the razer gear with a fresh dl and install.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
well, if it definitely is the Kb+M then i'd reinstall the OS, (use the bro's kb's) then once you are setup, start using the razer gear with a fresh dl and install.

Well I'll give it a few more days to confirm if it's the keyboard and mouse. But even if it isn't i will be doing an OS re-install anyway, as it's the last thing for me to try to fix this issue.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
I have tried to reinstall my OS three times now. Whenever I shut down my computer, then start up again, I press F8 for boot options, and all that comes up is advanced boot options. Repair windows, safe mode enable low resolution, and start windows normally. Not the usual BIOS menu. I can't get my computer to boot from the windows disk.

I can put the disk in while my computer is on, and install from the OS, but not sure if this is okay to do. Suggestions?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try tapping DEL (delete) key on startup to enter BIOS settings and set optical (DVD) drive as first boot.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Got it thanks. Doing windows reinstall now. If this doesn't sort my problem, then looks like I'll be sending it in again. Hopefully it's not in too long again.

Edit: for some reason it says I have 3 partitions, 1 system and 2 primary. But I only made one partitions do I format the system one to reinstall?

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd delete all the partitions, wipe everything (make sure to backup important stuff)

Then create a new one for your C drive during the installation.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Okay sure.

EDIT: While doing a backup of some of my files, my computer got a BSOD. This computer is in terrible shape. I am highly doubting PCS had it running benchmarks for 16 hours through the night. So, I need to get back on a bit letter and try to backup again, as my files are important.

Last edited:

egorgeg

Enthusiast
No overclock. Just the Turbo clock you can enable in BIOS. And yeah, I always give the windows partition at least 100GB.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Do you have the turbo clock enabled? Just wondering if it's worth disabling it if so, get everything running as basic and try to eliminate everything no matter how trivial it is.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Do you have the turbo clock enabled? Just wondering if it's worth disabling it if so, get everything running as basic and try to eliminate everything no matter how trivial it is.

I've already asked friends and PCS if disabling it will do any help, and everyone says it wont make a difference, having it on wouldn't cause this issue. I don't know.