PC Game Deals!

rouchie

Rising Star
Far Cry 5 is £7.49 on Steam for the weekend, if that’s your cup of tea:

That is a good price and a much better game than New Dawn

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
just picked up Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars off GOG.com... one thing to be said for all these old games is that they don't take long to download and install.. about 30 secs in the case of the above games. Doom Eternal took 2 days to download.. (i think my ISP got annoyed with me downloading my xbox games library!!)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I don't think we mentioned Epic's free game this week! It's the rather underwhelming Rebel Galaxy, which they've done as a freebie before.

Next week is looking to be much better, on Thursday 19th at 4pm we will get...

3D platformer Yooka-Laylee, from the team that brought you Banjo Kazooie all those years ago.

AND!

The excellent Void Bastards, a strategy-shooter which is a mashup of FTL, Doom and XIII, all in one ridiculous roguelike package. I've played this one for a fair few hours as it was gifted to me by @Bhuna50 (thanks, buddy!) in The Big Fat Giveaway of The Year and it's thoroughly good fun.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I don't think we mentioned Epic's free game this week! It's the rather underwhelming Rebel Galaxy, which they've done as a freebie before.

Next week is looking to be much better, on Thursday 19th at 4pm we will get...

3D platformer Yooka-Laylee, from the team that brought you Banjo Kazooie all those years ago.

AND!

The excellent Void Bastards, a strategy-shooter which is a mashup of FTL, Doom and XIII, all in one ridiculous roguelike package. I've played this one for a fair few hours as it was gifted to me by @Bhuna50 (thanks, buddy!) in The Big Fat Giveaway of The Year and it's thoroughly good fun.
I own the sequel to Yooka-Laylee, but not the original. I don't know how this happened. 🤔

CMP01

Enthusiast
You're not wrong. I've created a sub-category in my Steam library of games I want to install and start playing soon, or perhaps go back to in future (Cyberpunk 2077 for example), and even that "mini" group is about 300 games!

Same here. Just trying to make sense of the 50 or so out of a couple hundred (small beans to a good many Steam users tbh) games that I have any interest or intention at all of playing.
So what's actually installed rn across the 1Tb 980 Pro (AAA'a and large file/long load games) and 500Gb 870 EVO (the smaller ones, sort of) is 17 Steam, 3 EGS and 1 indie game. Then two lists; one for the next best games once the installed ones are done with, and another for possibles to start or return to someday. About 12 in each list, a variety of genres etc. Some from the first list might be going on the 980 soon as even with those installed and buffer space on drives there's still 400-450Gb free on it after uninstalling RDR2.

I actually made an estimation last year of how long it would take to clear all that (which hasn't changed by much since) IF I played every game to the playtime reckoned in various forums for each (and I will get distracted, mess around, explore and experiment in such games that allow me to, so longer in reality) Put it this way, enough hours that I wouldn't need to buy any new games for long enough to save what I'd otherwise habitually spend for a good chunk of another similar PC... Madness!

CMP01

Enthusiast
Yooka-Laylee is a sure thing for me. Not exactly my thing these days but I'll bag it for both mine and gf's accounts. I already got her it for the Switch, as she misses and loved Banjo-Kazooie back in the day. I keep reminding her she has it but y'know how folks can be with newfangled things, even if they are spiritual successors and all that, and she's just rediscovered all the DK Country's...

Rebel Galaxy I already have, got on release a few years ago. It was good tbh, just one of those could've been better/more polished and/or varied deals. I saw it as a simplified, more out there Starpoint Gemini. There is a sequel but it moved further away from the original idea afaik.

realms deep sale on if you like your old school fps
they have blood fresh supply
turok remasters
sin original gold
system shock 2
Original shadow Warrior
really worth a look

most are around £3.50

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

original psychonaughts 1 is 69p until 25th august 2021

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
See it was previously mentioned, but just a reminder.

Am actually forgetting about the Epic store most weeks atm!

This week:

Void B******* - really nicely drawn in a Borderlands art style, looks ridiculous and fun!

And Yooka Laylee - Really impressive platformer, well worth picking up

It is a good week this week (y)

CMP01

Enthusiast
Had a great time playing through Shadow of Mordor. Looking forward to Shadow of War once I finish Control.

A similar backlog/to play list here too (just more things in it) Just about finished Days Gone (had the end credits but there's still a few missions apparently so another session should do it) and pondering on what's next. I've had Shadow of Mordor for about 5 years and the sequel for a couple but no play yet. Always hard for me to decide when one big title ends tbh. I have thought maybe I should make a poll/list and have others who have played x or y weigh in...