Not having much luck this week

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
@ActuallyDenz - I hope this doesn't come across as patronising - but I just wanted to say that with some of the recent rants I have seen on this forum about faulty bits or missing bits or delayed bits - you are a breath of fresh air. Your patience and understanding through all your issues is a credit to you.

Whatever you may think of your PC knowledge or know-how - you have the most important traits fully sorted.

Gold Medal Realist with Patience Level A+.

@AgentCooper - another of your Certificates is needed here me thinks......? 🤔

Now that is unlucky !!! But end of day its shows the aftercare they didnt try to fob you off they held there hands up on two occasions and said yeah its the gpu and will replace it will eventually get sorted look on the bright side you can gloat you had 3 3080,s when pepole can barely get one ;)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
@ActuallyDenz - I hope this doesn't come across as patronising - but I just wanted to say that with some of the recent rants I have seen on this forum about faulty bits or missing bits or delayed bits - you are a breath of fresh air. Your patience and understanding through all your issues is a credit to you.

Whatever you may think of your PC knowledge or know-how - you have the most important traits fully sorted.

Gold Medal Realist with Patience Level A+.

@AgentCooper - another of your Certificates is needed here me thinks......? 🤔
I don't find it patronising at all. I mentioned on the previous page in the thread about a visual impairment and I've mentioned elsewhere in various threads that I have other disabilities . My body is full of faulty bits and missing bits - I don't have any delayed bits as far as I'm aware though, but I can empathise with others who have faulty and missing bits in their PCs. Going through life as someone with disabilities, I'm used to having to be patient about things and I always try to be a realist. This whole situation has been frustrating, but that's life sometimes. This is the fourth system I've bought from PCS and the first one that I've had any problems with.

While I've been working this afternoon, I've had confirmation that DPD have picked up my PC and that it should likely be with me tomorrow. That'll be something to look forward to this weekend - I'm dreading the football on Saturday evening!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't find it patronising at all. I mentioned on the previous page in the thread about a visual impairment and I've mentioned elsewhere in various threads that I have other disabilities . My body is full of faulty bits and missing bits - I don't have any delayed bits as far as I'm aware though, but I can empathise with others who have faulty and missing bits in their PCs. Going through life as someone with disabilities, I'm used to having to be patient about things and I always try to be a realist. This whole situation has been frustrating, but that's life sometimes. This is the fourth system I've bought from PCS and the first one that I've had any problems with.

While I've been working this afternoon, I've had confirmation that DPD have picked up my PC and that it should likely be with me tomorrow. That'll be something to look forward to this weekend - I'm dreading the football on Saturday evening!
I take my hat off to you, I wish more of us would adopt that kind of attitude.

The world has become so used to having everything now, in times like these, few of us have adapted to the new world order, and we all have to accept that everyone and his dog is struggling under the current circumstances. It's just a fact of life and will be for some time to come.

I sincerely hope it's with you tomorrow, you deserve a good session over the weekend :)

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
Have you checked the monitor on another pc? I have an old Asus vg248qe[old fault for this and other Asus monitors] which has done and is currently doing the same thing on my new pc but only for last 3 days, its been fine since I got it. On my old pc it would allow it to boot fully but just report there was no display port. Same monitor on my new beast has same issue, it wasn't until I double checked what the motherboard beeps meant[1 long 3 short - no VGA found] that I twigged its the same issue that I got occasionally with my old pc but has been a common fault in last 3 days with my new PC.

The work around, when it happens after powering on, do nothing to the case but the monitor its self.

Unplug or turn off the monitor from the power socket while its still on.[I had mine on an independent 4 way power socket, so I could just turn it off via that so it only affected my phone chargers and desk fan ]
Press the monitor power button twice, once to turn it off then on.
Put the plug back in the socket or turn the socket back on, which ever way you did it.

If same problem you should now have a DP signal to the pc

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have you checked the monitor on another pc? I have an old Asus vg248qe[old fault for this and other Asus monitors] which has done and is currently doing the same thing on my new pc but only for last 3 days, its been fine since I got it. On my old pc it would allow it to boot fully but just report there was no display port. Same monitor on my new beast has same issue, it wasn't until I double checked what the motherboard beeps meant[1 long 3 short - no VGA found] that I twigged its the same issue that I got occasionally with my old pc but has been a common fault in last 3 days with my new PC.

The work around, when it happens after powering on, do nothing to the case but the monitor its self.

Unplug or turn off the monitor from the power socket while its still on.[I had mine on an independent 4 way power socket, so I could just turn it off via that so it only affected my phone chargers and desk fan ]
Put the plug back in the socket or turn the socket back on, which ever way you did it.

While I do appreciate the suggestion, I sent the PC back to PCS after trying several suggestions on here - turns out I had a dead/dying RTX 3080. It was my second 3080 and I start a new (hopefully exciting!) life with a third one tomorrow. I might be part of the reason there's global shortages of the 3080 now that I think of it... :ROFLMAO:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
While I do appreciate the suggestion, I sent the PC back to PCS after trying several suggestions on here - turns out I had a dead/dying RTX 3080. It was my second 3080 and I start a new (hopefully exciting!) life with a third one tomorrow. I might be part of the reason there's global shortages of the 3080 now that I think of it... :ROFLMAO:
You're just being greedy

Just think of it as its 2 crypto miners who haven't managed to get those cards :ROFLMAO: