Help With Gaming pc Specs.

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
PC is in building stage now, very excited, just a shame it'll be here about 2weeks before my monitor lol guess I'll have to do all the basic tests on my TV or smth, does anyone know if it's possible to hook it up to my laptop screen in the mean time?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PC is in building stage now, very excited, just a shame it'll be here about 2weeks before my monitor lol guess I'll have to do all the basic tests on my TV or smth, does anyone know if it's possible to hook it up to my laptop screen in the mean time?
Laptops don’t have graphics inputs, only outputs.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Laptops don't tend to support video-in.

I'd just buy a cheap monitor if you need to. £10 will probably get you a used one from Facebook marketplace (sorry, I feel dirty just mentioning it)...or
Maybe a local charity shop has some (that's where I drop off my obsolete items if family members don't want them).

Bet

Bronze Level Poster

I'd just buy a cheap monitor if you need to. £10 will probably get you a used one from Facebook marketplace (sorry, I feel dirty just mentioning it)...or
Maybe a local charity shop has some (that's where I drop off my obsolete items if family members don't want them)

Maybe a local charity shop has some (that's where I drop off my obsolete items if family members don't want them).
Glad I decided not to do that till it got here, my monitor is coming Tommorow now lol, PC is currently under quality control so I'm hoping it's dispatched Tommorow and I get it on Saturday.

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
Got the Monitor, just set it up and tested it side by side with my laptop and you can tell its much more pleasing to look at, I tried to upload a pic but the files to large lol.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got the Monitor, just set it up and tested it side by side with my laptop and you can tell its much more pleasing to look at, I tried to upload a pic but the files to large lol.
You won’t get the full appreciation of the monitor until HDR is enabled, that’s when you’ll really notice a difference

Images need to be under 1mb

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
This Pic doesn't do it much justice.

Attachments

• 20240426_122541.jpg
    20240426_122541.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 21

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
It’s the contrast on the right with the red cherries against the deep black background. Only OLED can get that good.

Have you enabled HDR yet?
This is gonna be my set up for a while lol, doing some renovations atm where I want it, gonna get 2 speaker mounts just above it, and a wall mount for the monitor so I can get rid of the cupboard. Don't judge to hard.

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
Okay PC coming tomoz, I decided not to get windows with it Scince you can get a key for like £20 on G2A, but just checking I know what I need to do.

Update Bios
Update GPU driver
But what else is there?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay PC coming tomoz, I decided not to get windows with it Scince you can get a key for like £20 on G2A, but just checking I know what I need to do.

Update Bios
Update GPU driver
But what else is there?
Worth understanding illegal keys, likelihood is it will work fine for a little while until Microsoft blacklists it, if it works at all

We wouldn’t be able to offer support on an illegal OS going forwards

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks For the Heads up! I'll have a look
Worth understanding illegal keys, likelihood is it will work fine for a little while until Microsoft blacklists it

Bet

Bronze Level Poster
Worth understanding illegal keys, likelihood is it will work fine for a little while until Microsoft blacklists it, if it works at all

Okay I'll just buy a key direct of Microsoft then, shame but it can't be helped