Help to bring Build within budget

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If they aren't receiving power then they wouldn't spin and light up correct?
Each fan has a power header and an rgb header. The fan has in built rainbow effect even if the rgb header is not connected.

You only have one node and one core though right? It’s just one usb per one, not 2 and 3 as you mention?

Oyaks

Each fan has a power header and an rgb header. The fan has in built rainbow effect even if the rgb header is not connected.

You only have one node and one core though right? It’s just one usb per one, not 2 and 3 as you mention?
So I posted pictures of what the case looks like with the fan wiring. I dunno if you saw that. So there are:

- 1 default commander core (comes with the case) - This has the 3 front fans and 3 side fans connected for power
- 1 default Lighting node (comes with the case) - the 3x front fans RGB is connected to this
- 1 commander core ( comes with AIO-H150i elite capellix) - The AIO 3x fan power and RGBs connected to this
- 1 Lighting node ( comes with the 3x LL120s) - the 3x side fans and 1 rear fan RGB connected to this
- 1 smaller box beneath the Lighting node that is also connected to the USB hub - its got the rear fan attached for power

The AIO commander core itself is then connected to the usb port 1 on the mobo and a sata for power while the USB hub with the remaining default commander core and all the lighting nodes is connected to the other usb port 2 on the mobo. This USB hub has its own sata power cable too.

So to answer your question, I have 2 cores and what looks like 2 maybe 3 nodes. I took each cable out one by one traced to each fan. I also took note of what went off or stayed on with each. I have more or less given up as I can't figure out what is wrong.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
It might be worth creating a diagram of all the connections and posting on here so that we get a better understanding of what you have.

CMP01

Enthusiast
It might be worth creating a diagram of all the connections and posting on here so that we get a better understanding of what you have.

Indeed. I got lost in all that too.

Don't know if I can post this here or not, rules etc... but fwiw I found this really useful when choosing, installing and setting up my fans, AiO, iCue etc.
The cabling diagrams are about halfway down.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I posted pictures of what the case looks like with the fan wiring. I dunno if you saw that. So there are:

- 1 default commander core (comes with the case) - This has the 3 front fans and 3 side fans connected for power
- 1 default Lighting node (comes with the case) - the 3x front fans RGB is connected to this
- 1 commander core ( comes with AIO-H150i elite capellix) - The AIO 3x fan power and RGBs connected to this
- 1 Lighting node ( comes with the 3x LL120s) - the 3x side fans and 1 rear fan RGB connected to this
- 1 smaller box beneath the Lighting node that is also connected to the USB hub - its got the rear fan attached for power

The AIO commander core itself is then connected to the usb port 1 on the mobo and a sata for power while the USB hub with the remaining default commander core and all the lighting nodes is connected to the other usb port 2 on the mobo. This USB hub has its own sata power cable too.

So to answer your question, I have 2 cores and what looks like 2 maybe 3 nodes. I took each cable out one by one traced to each fan. I also took note of what went off or stayed on with each. I have more or less given up as I can't figure out what is wrong.
that will be the compkication, even if they came with the additiinal commander pro etc, you only need one in your system.

I would raise this with PCS, this doesnt appear to have been wored correctly at all imho

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yes, I think I agree with @SpyderTracks. Despite having my very own wiring nightmare involving a Commander Pro and my H100i very recently, yours has an added layer of complication with the extra hub and the Lighting Node. Whilst it works, it’s not something I’d want to live with. I’d want full control over all those devices in iCue.

Oyaks

Yes, I think I agree with @SpyderTracks. Despite having my very own wiring nightmare involving a Commander Pro and my H100i very recently, yours has an added layer of complication with the extra hub and the Lighting Node. Whilst it works, it’s not something I’d want to live with. I’d want full control over all those devices in iCue.
I will give them a call today after work, but I doubt they will be able to do anything other than RMA it.
If I have to take it apart which I am not even comfortable to do in the first place, I'll probably buy a commander pro instead of using a commander core.

There's a forum member with a similar set-up @closetchimp . Same case and number of fans. I tried messaging them to ask how theirs came together and worked. Maybe I could pick their brain. But I think they have been away from the forum a while.

Based on my experience with the PC so far, I have the opinion that the testing thing wasn't done because first the CPU_Fan error upon pressing the power button( how do you miss a PC that can't boot up). Me having to swap the AIO pump location on the mobo to fix it. Now these with the cables and wiring. They even tried to blame DPD but I was like DPD didn't put the AIO cable on the wrong location on the mobo :sneaky:. Not something one should be saying after spending almost £2k on a PC

Oyaks

Hi guys, just as an update. I was able to get control of a few more fans (3 sides) after moving cables about. PCS have agreed to send a new hub across so I can swap the defective bit. All in all I'm happy with the customer service experience as they have been really helpful. They offered to have it sent back in but I said I'll try the fix first then decide after. To be honest I have sort of settled in with the PC (see attached pictures) and don't think I'm ready to part with it :p. Hopefully the RGB hub swap fixes it. I have attached some pictures and just want to say a Big thanks to everyone who helped!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5411.jpg
    IMG_5411.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5409.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg