Help to bring Build within budget

Oyaks

Budget £1500-£1800 but build currently sitting @ £2150. So can anyone help bring this down with tweaks?

Games: I play a range of games from Diablo 3 / POE to Borderlands / Warzone. I'm happy with 1440p @ 60-120 fps

Monitor is a 1440p Ultra wide QHD @ 144hz

I have been gaming on a laptop and I want to make the change to a gaming rig

I know the 3070Ti isn't cost effective and I can happily downgrade. If I become impatient and stick with the 3070Ti, Question is will it change my build config with a 3070?
I went for the 850W PSU just incase I want to upgrade in the future

Thanks!!

The build is
Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 PORT (1 x TYPE A, 1 x TYPE C) USB 3.1 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

MrWilson

Godlike
This is a really solid, balanced build to be honest, well done.
Unless you're playing MSFS or certain heavily modded titles 16GB of RAM will be ample for gaming.
Downgrading to the 3070 saves £71 with current prices for minimal performance loss. I've got a 3070 on order to power an Ultrawide 1440p display myself.
The Elite Capellix is a fantastic cooler, but you can comfortably downgrade to the Coolermaster 240 lite cooler to save a good chunk of change at the cost of a bit more noise and less RGB.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Unless you have a very specific reason for needing loads of USB ports you can also lose the USB card.

Oyaks

Unless you're playing MSFS or certain heavily modded titles 16GB of RAM will be ample for gaming.
Downgrading to the 3070 saves £71 with current prices for minimal performance loss. I've got a 3070 on order to power an Ultrawide 1440p display myself.
The Elite Capellix is a fantastic cooler, but you can comfortably downgrade to the Coolermaster 240 lite cooler to save a good chunk of change at the cost of a bit more noise and less RGB.
I was told AMD cpus are RAM hungry which is why I went for 32GBs. I’ll lower that thanks. Also how much noise we talking? If the Capellix is a 1 how much would you say the coolermaster 250 Elite will be in comparison?
I’m thinking of the 3070Ti cos the backlog on the 3070s seem like a lot which will put me right at the back of the queue. It’s all a waiting game anyway.

MrWilson

Godlike
I was told AMD cpus are RAM hungry which is why I went for 32GBs. I’ll lower that thanks. Also how much noise we talking? If the Capellix is a 1 how much would you say the coolermaster 250 Elite will be in comparison?
I’m thinking of the 3070Ti cos the backlog on the 3070s seem like a lot which will put me right at the back of the queue. It’s all a waiting game anyway.
AMD CPUs like fast RAM, which is good as you’ve gone for 3200mhz, but yeah 16GB will be ample.
It’s hard to quantify exactly how much louder the Coolermaster will be. Even if I dig out a benchmark image having two decibel values is quite hard to come across the noise difference. Ultimately if you’re gaming with headphones on you’re unlikely to notice the cooler in the background.
Issue with sticking with the 3070ti is that you’re over budget and you’re looking at minimal performance gains. A couple of 3070 builds went into build yesterday at 24 working days, I wouldn’t expect a 3070ti build to go into build much faster than that to be honest.

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I can't comment on how less the noise is from a Capellix, but I have the Coolermaster 240 lite in my machine (which is 4 months old), I don't use headphones, and I don't notice any appreciable noise from the cooler

CMP01

Enthusiast

True that, it's a damn good start tbh. Actually a shame to have to cut anything.

As for the OP's build and the Capellix question, mines a H100i (240mm) as it turned out the H115i wouldn't have fit up top with the RAM (be wary and make sure of this unless front mounted behind the fans is ok for you)
Let's put it this way... the Capellix H100i in a less sound dampening/more open case (my 4000D Airflow) is less intrusive sound wise than the older H100i was with a 6700K and 1070 in a more restrictive 460X case (same basic settings, fan layout etc apply to both btw) Temps gaming are about even though the Capellix PC is significantly more powerful and power hungry (see below) I'm hearing less from that under load and right next to my chair than from the older one 6 feet away, I kid you not.
Iirc the difference might be that the older H series coolers were equipped with fairly stock fans that could be bought on the Corsair store, while the Capellix series fans are not available outside those coolers, aside from any other improvements made to the newer models.

Oyaks

True that, it's a damn good start tbh. Actually a shame to have to cut anything.

As for the OP's build and the Capellix question, mines a H100i (240mm) as it turned out the H115i wouldn't have fit up top with the RAM (be wary and make sure of this unless front mounted behind the fans is ok for you)
Let's put it this way... the Capellix H100i in a less sound dampening/more open case (my 4000D Airflow) is less intrusive sound wise than the older H100i was with a 6700K and 1070 in a more restrictive 460X case (same basic settings, fan layout etc apply to both btw) Temps gaming are about even though the Capellix PC is significantly more powerful and power hungry (see below) I'm hearing less from that under load and right next to my chair than from the older one 6 feet away, I kid you not.
Iirc the difference might be that the older H series coolers were equipped with fairly stock fans that could be bought on the Corsair store, while the Capellix series fans are not available outside those coolers, aside from any other improvements made to the newer models.
Thanks for the tip, I have made changes

Oyaks

Hi,

Does anyone with a PC from PCS know if it comes with the default RAM speed or do I have to go into the BIOS myself and adjust accordingly i.e increase to the optimum it can run at? Thanks
P.S still waiting on mine to go into building

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

Does anyone with a PC from PCS know if it comes with the default RAM speed or do I have to go into the BIOS myself and adjust accordingly i.e increase to the optimum it can run at? Thanks
P.S still waiting on mine to go into building
The XMP will be set for whatever you’ve ordered.

Oyaks

Hi sorry for new thread,
so just to be clear, if I ordered 3600MHz, it won’t be 2133MHz, but the actual 3600MHz in task manager?

Oyaks

Hey everyone. First thanks for all the help. I finally got my PC and after over an hour on the phone with PCS finally got it to boot up.
Bit of a slight issue though if anyone can help me.

I have the Corsair 5000x RGB case and while the AIO pump and 3 fans show up in ICUE, the other fans namely 3x front fans, rear fan and 3 side fans don’t show up in iCue so I can’t control the fan colours. I’m just stuck with the rainbow defaults on them.

Only the AIO fans are connected to commander pro, the others are connected to the stuff that came with the case by default and the RGB Hub. How do I get them to show up on iCUE or is there any other way to change the colours. Thanks

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Along the top of iCue, where you can see your connected devices, is there an image of an RGB Hub or Lighting Node? If you can see that, the fans for the case should be accessible from there. Can you post a screenshot of your iCue?

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I have a different case (500D SE), but had a similar problem. In iCue I navigated to the commander Pro, and on channel 1 selected that I had 3 fans connected. This turned on the RGB for the front fans and allowed me to control them.

Oyaks

hi here’s a screenshot, only the h150 elite shows up
387C60C1-0E8B-42BA-81AE-377586710A10.jpeg