Help to bring Build within budget

Oyaks

I have a different case (500D SE), but had a similar problem. In iCue I navigated to the commander Pro, and on channel 1 selected that I had 3 fans connected. This turned on the RGB for the front fans and allowed me to control them.
Yeah the commander pro itself doesn’t show up, just the AIO pump and it’s fans connected to it

Oyaks

Along the top of iCue, where you can see your connected devices, is there an image of an RGB Hub or Lighting Node? If you can see that, the fans for the case should be accessible from there. Can you post a screenshot of your iCue?
Sorry should have replied directly

98DF763F-F09C-4CDA-AE50-E1C0D6D09E1C.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I rather suspect that something isn't connected up properly in the case. I'd be expecting to see the Commander Pro at the top there, as well as things like the coolant temperature of the H150i under the sensors info. You might have to go into your case to investigate further on this one.

Oyaks

I took a look myself but with how tightly everything is cable managed and cable tied so tightly. Putting a sharp tool to cut the cable ties is nigh on impossible without risk of me cutting the cables themselves. if i knew what i was looking for, I could focus my fiddling with that bit but as i didn't build it, i have no clue where anything is. I'm just dissapointed tbh

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I took a look myself but with how tightly everything is cable managed and cable tied so tightly. Putting a sharp tool to cut the cable ties is nigh on impossible without risk of me cutting the cables themselves. if i knew what i was looking for, I could focus my fiddling with that bit but as i didn't build it, i have no clue where anything is. I'm just dissapointed tbh
That's understandable, I'm just wondering if it might be as simple as something perhaps working loose in transit and there's a USB connection flapping around in there that was originally plugged in. Any chance you could take a pic of the innards and post it so we can cast an eye over it and look for any visible issues?

CMP01

Enthusiast

You mentioning sharp things and cable ties/cables honestly gave me shivers. Those ties do get tightened up good though. Get yourself a pair of small snippers for that job if you have to do it
I had similar issues last time around and came so close to doing damage so this time, considering I was installing my own fans/drives/GPU anyway, I went through and replaced most of the plastic ties with velcro strips. Took 2-3 hours, along with the fans aso, but means adjustments will be easier next time.

Oyaks

That's understandable, I'm just wondering if it might be as simple as something perhaps working loose in transit and there's a USB connection flapping around in there that was originally plugged in. Any chance you could take a pic of the innards and post it so we can cast an eye over it and look for any visible issues?
0C59C53E-816C-478C-A187-2D4D0900E430.jpeg
7AA346C5-B5ED-470E-A326-2B9F68A75F35.jpeg
07495EFB-73BB-4385-8A28-9FECB31DE59F.jpeg

hopefully image compression isn’t too bad

Oyaks

You mentioning sharp things and cable ties/cables honestly gave me shivers. Those ties do get tightened up good though. Get yourself a pair of small snippers for that job if you have to do it
I had similar issues last time around and came so close to doing damage so this time, considering I was installing my own fans/drives/GPU anyway, I went through and replaced most of the plastic ties with velcro strips. Took 2-3 hours, along with the fans aso, but means adjustments will be easier next time.
Yeah I am gonna have to get a small snip at the hardware store but I’m not really savvy enough when it comes to the RGB thing, regular wiring I’m comfortable with. I just wished this was already taken care of as part of the prebuilt experience

Bigfoot

Grand Master
It is very possible that something came loose in transit. I would check the 3 connectors at the top of the Commander Pro. The one at the right doesn’t look like it is fully engaged and the middle one could also be loose.

Oyaks

It is very possible that something came loose in transit. I would check the 3 connectors at the top of the Commander Pro. The one at the right doesn’t look like it is fully engaged and the middle one could also be loose.
I’ll have a look when I’m able to in the next hour, but that shouldn’t stop the commander pro itself not showing up in iCue right

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I’ll have a look when I’m able to in the next hour, but that shouldn’t stop the commander pro itself not showing up in iCue right
Yes, that shouldn’t stop it showing up in iCue, but it is also possible the USB cable has come loose.

Oyaks

Yes, that shouldn’t stop it showing up in iCue, but it is also possible the USB cable has come loose.
From my observations so far, the pump itself is connected to the commander pro. That’s the thick cable you see off the top, while the 3 pin header is connected to the AIO fan port on the mobo. The AIO fans x3 are then connected to channels 123 on the commander pro along with its corresponding RGB pins. I have pushed them all to make sure they seated and still no luck
D8F64E26-C556-4FD1-84C2-85995C0EFE96.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
There’s a lot going on in that case, a Commander Pro, two RGB hubs, a Lighting Node and the PWM repeater! That really does make for a mind boggler.

What I did find during my own recent experiments with the 4000X is that the Commander Pro is somewhat particular about the USB header placement, I’d pay particular attention to where it is in the chain, that may be why it isn’t showing. I had two plugged in and the whole system was working but the H100i wasn’t appearing at all in iCue, the pump and fans were stuck on maximum and the spiral rainbow pattern. When I swapped the USB headers over, the problem was solved and the cooler was recognised. It may not be that simple for you but it might be worth a try.

Oyaks

There’s a lot going on in that case, a Commander Pro, two RGB hubs, a Lighting Node and the PWM repeater! That really does make for a mind boggler.

What I did find during my own recent experiments with the 4000X is that the Commander Pro is somewhat particular about the USB header placement, I’d pay particular attention to where it is in the chain, that may be why it isn’t showing. I had two plugged in and the whole system was working but the H100i wasn’t appearing at all in iCue, the pump and fans were stuck on maximum and the spiral rainbow pattern. When I swapped the USB headers over, the problem was solved and the cooler was recognised. It may not be that simple for you but it might be worth a try.
When you say USB header, is that the bit right next to the RGB hub with the thick clump of cables across it on the right hand side?

Oyaks

Anything that looks like one of these connectors or the port it plugs into:

View attachment 28762
There’ll likely be numerous ones linking the Corsair devices together.
OK so I have fiddled and poked around and these are the things I have been able to pick up on: (based on my limited knowledge)
- PCS installed a USB hub which is connected to the MOBO USB 2.0 header
- The 5000x default commander core, RGB hub and lightning node are all connected to this linking it to the mobo
- I did a remove each cable and see what goes off check and I can't see why iCue won't see the extra fans. The hubs are powered and in the right ports on the mobo and well seated too.
- The AIO is connected to the commander core it came with and iCUE recognises the AIO pump and the 3 fans, gives me the temps and rpms and can change the colours too but no luck with the others or the commander core itself.
- The AIO commander core is definitely working because my AIO shows up on iCUE. I just can't for the love of me fix it
- I have swapped the USB headers, removed each and reseat them, uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE, deleted HWInfo, deleted Armory crate, redownloaded drivers. i'm burnt out 😆 at this point

Not to derail the thread but when I first got the PC, it would only give me CPU fan error and switch itself off. Called PCS and I had to switch the AIO cable from CPU_FAN to AIO_PUMP. I then asked how the PC passed the stress test and QA/QC test with a CPU fan error but that was an awkward conversation that gave me no reliable answers. So atm I'm just skeptical of the build quality if something that obvious was missed by the "test".

So my question is could I just have defective parts all around and just live with the rainbow puke. ( I could turn off the RGB i guess)

P.S sorry for long post

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK so I have fiddled and poked around and these are the things I have been able to pick up on: (based on my limited knowledge)
- PCS installed a USB hub which is connected to the MOBO USB 2.0 header
- The 5000x default commander core, RGB hub and lightning node are all connected to this linking it to the mobo
- I did a remove each cable and see what goes off check and I can't see why iCue won't see the extra fans. The hubs are powered and in the right ports on the mobo and well seated too.
- The AIO is connected to the commander core it came with and iCUE recognises the AIO pump and the 3 fans, gives me the temps and rpms and can change the colours too but no luck with the others or the commander core itself.
- The AIO commander core is definitely working because my AIO shows up on iCUE. I just can't for the love of me fix it
- I have swapped the USB headers, removed each and reseat them, uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE, deleted HWInfo, deleted Armory crate, redownloaded drivers. i'm burnt out 😆 at this point

Not to derail the thread but when I first got the PC, it would only give me CPU fan error and switch itself off. Called PCS and I had to switch the AIO cable from CPU_FAN to AIO_PUMP. I then asked how the PC passed the stress test and QA/QC test with a CPU fan error but that was an awkward conversation that gave me no reliable answers. So atm I'm just skeptical of the build quality if something that obvious was missed by the "test".

So my question is could I just have defective parts all around and just live with the rainbow puke. ( I could turn off the RGB i guess)

P.S sorry for long post
I would plug the commander core and lighting node directly into the mobo. I doubt there’s enough voltage pass through from the usb splitter to adequately power them.

Nothing is faulty, it’s just incorrectly cabled.

Oyaks

I would plug the commander core and lighting node directly into the mobo. I doubt there’s enough voltage pass through from the usb splitter to adequately power them.

Nothing is faulty, it’s just incorrectly cabled.
Yeah I tried to do that but the mobo doesn't have enough ports without splitters (its the asus B550-F) for the amount of cores (2) and nodes (3) I have. The thing is they work and I mean they spin and all have colours, I just can't see it in iCue. If they aren't receiving power then they wouldn't spin and light up correct? Also I noticed the USB hub has a sata to PSU connection so its not drawing power from the mobo