Dispatched today - will it be here tomorrow?

MrShteeeve

Linear - as far as I know with these new sandy bridge models the core clock is rated as lets say mine (2630QM) @2GHz, but to save power when not being used it will lower the clock and boost it back up (and if needed as far as the TurboBoost states) when needed :). Mine does it all the time don't worry.

Although my RAM says exactly the same @ 665.2MHz while it's supposed to be 1333MHz

Gorman

Author Level
TurboBoost = boosting up coreclock to 3.8, and the stock should be 3.4. Unless I'm missing something?

Linear - as far as I know with these new sandy bridge models the core clock is rated as lets say mine (2630QM) @2GHz, but to save power when not being used it will lower the clock and boost it back up (and if needed as far as the TurboBoost states) when needed :). Mine does it all the time don't worry.

Although my RAM says exactly the same @ 665.2MHz while it's supposed to be 1333MHz

Pretty much with sandy bridge you are overclocking the turbo boost ranges rather than setting a static higher clock like you would with previous CPU's.

Basically moving the goal posts the cpu runs in.

MrShteeeve

Ah well I think I was close to that explanation ;).
What about the RAM though? Is that normal enough to be rated @665.2MHz?

MrShteeeve

Double Data Rate, haha, duhh >.< it's double what the clock rate is at, which equals around 1333MHz. Someone slap me!

Gorman

Author Level
portal-cake.jpg

You nailed it, have some cake!

MrShteeeve

Haha, that cake does look nice, but I don't think it'll go well with my Shreddies! Save for later me thinks ;)