Dispatched today - will it be here tomorrow?

zman44

As the thread title suggests! It was dispatched today, I've tracked it as being in leeds depot around 6pm. I've paid for before 10am delivery. Is there any chance it will be here tomorrow before 10am? I'm near Glasgow.

Cheers

zman44

I've got the morning off work especially, I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't arrive. Can't have a "doctors appointment" two days in a row! :D

Fear

Prolific Poster
Dentist the following day ;) and the hamster needs to go to the vets the day after :D

LinearHD

Rising Star
And if all else fails you might want to take your cat for a very urgent walk :D oh and sort your socks the day after to improve productivity at work XD

StuartB

If you check tracking this ( Thursday) morning you should find it has arrived at Yodels local depot and is marked as Out For Delivery so you should get it as agreed.

Theunderdog

Silver Level Poster
Just tell them you've been rushed to hospitle after Spontaneously Combusting, should buy you enough time off to get the computer and mess around with it :D

zman44

Well it arrived today and I am pretty much in love. Taking me a while to get used to Windows 7 as I've been on linux and XP for ages. Just downloading all the usual stuff: flash etc.

I'll post up some pictures and a full review over the weekend.

Just now though I'm a wee bit concerned by the following screenshots. Remember my 8GB of ram is meant to be at 1333Mhz and my CPU is 3.4 GHz. It says the core speed is much lower! :S

screenshots.png

LinearHD

Rising Star
Whoah, not good news, they guys at QC testing must have forgot to turn the multipliers back up (I'm presuming they turn it down) :S

If you're not comfortable with turning up the multiplier to 34 in BIOS, give PCS a call and they'll walk you through it.

Oh well, it's not the worst thing that could happen and is fairly easy to fix :)

zman44

I'm willing to go in and do it. Is it just the multiplier I need to adjust? What about the RAM? Any other settings need fixed?

LinearHD

Rising Star
Seeing as they turned the multiplier down, I wouldn't suppose so. Also you can manually select the RAM speed from a list to set it at 1333Hz (there should be an option for about 3 or 4 different speeds).

zman44

Thanks very much. I'll try just now. If I post again in the next few minutes then you'll know I've managed it. If not then.....

lloydehhh

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks very much. I'll try just now. If I post again in the next few minutes then you'll know I've managed it. If not then.....

NO
DONT
STOP
The multiplier is like that and changes up when needed. Download prime95, run it, and watch the multiplier shoot up :L

zman44

Well I adjusted some stuff in the BIOS and came back. The readings aren't any different. However, I watched CPUZ as I loaded up some other software and the CPU appears to be able to go up to 3.8Ghz on it's turbo, although it still says the mulitplier is x16?

The memory still appears to be running at 667Mhz ish!

LinearHD

Rising Star
TurboBoost = boosting up coreclock to 3.8, and the stock should be 3.4. Unless I'm missing something?

zman44

Thanks for the help again guys. I'll post up a proper review and photos over the weekend at some point. This system is amazing!!!!