COOLIT ECO A.L.C has leaked

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
PC has now been built and tested overnight. It will be dispatched today and hopefully receive it back tomorrow.

Does anyone else have the i7 3770K? Does it really get hot as the reviews suggest?

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Upgraded PC arrived yesterday at 16.09 and within the 1 hour DPD slot. Installed everything onto my SSD and so far so good. Only problem is the i7 3770K did not come overclocked from PCS despite me requesting this. Oh well.......

Rakk

The Awesome
Only problem is the i7 3770K did not come overclocked from PCS despite me requesting this. Oh well.......

Remember that the overclocked CPU's don't show as overclocked until you stress them, and which point the clock speed will increase as required, so checking it when it's idle will show no overclock.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Remember that the overclocked CPU's don't show as overclocked until you stress them, and which point the clock speed will increase as required, so checking it when it's idle will show no overclock.

I checked in bios and it all looks like it is at stock. No OC values showing against the cores.

I Installed my 560ti which seems to be surprisingly undamaged from the leak and chugging away thus far. Had a bit of a fright when I ran 3DMark 11 and got a score of 4769. I then remembered that I did not hear a clicking sound when I installed it, took the GPU out and made sure it clicked in this time round. Re-ran the test and gained more than 100 points more compared to the i7 950 (around 5200 points now).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It is good that the gpu was not damaged, you can message PCS to obtain the settings for overclocking your CPU, I got detailed information for mine when I contacted them. Did you get a replacement for your coolit?

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
It is good that the gpu was not damaged, you can message PCS to obtain the settings for overclocking your CPU, I got detailed information for mine when I contacted them. Did you get a replacement for your coolit?

I'll definitely e-mail PCS when I get a moment. I sent an NH-D14 to PCS as a replacement for the coolit. It is HUGE and with the ULNA attached it is whisper quiet. The only noise I can hear is from the HAF-X case fans. HWmonitor reports temps between 28-32C whilst surfing.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
I am afraid I don't, sorry.

No problem thanks. Checked in CPU-Z and with Prime95 running core speed goes up to 3900MHz, seems like turbo boost is enabled. Maximum average temps on all four cores is 77C with one core showing 71C max and another showing 81C max. This is with the ULNA attached to the NH-D14 fans..