Antec DF-85!

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I have been looking on eBuyer and other sites as I was considering building a computer until I realised how expensive my selection would have been (I would have been going for HAF-X though) and I came across this case
antec_df85_008.jpg

It has 7 fans and support for quite a few more and watercooling. Here are the specs
Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Specifications:

Weight: 26.3 lb / 11.3 kg
Dimensions: 23.5” (H) x 8.4” (W) x 19.9” (D) 596mm (H) x 213mm (W) x 505mm (D)
14 drive bays
Up to 9 x internal 3.5”
3 x external 5.25”
4 x external 3.5” Fleet-Swap™ drives (position changeable)
1 x external top 2.5” hot-swap SATA drive bay
1 x internal bottom-mounted 2.5” SSD drive
Advanced cooling system
2 x top 140mm TwoCool™ fans
2 x rear 120mm TwoCool™ LED fans
3 x front 120mm red LED fans with speed control knobs
1 x side 120mm fan for graphics cards (optional)
Water cooling capable
7 expansion slots to support multiple graphics cards
Maximum video card size: 12.5” / 318mm
Front ports - 1 x USB 3.0 - 3 x USB 2.0 - Audio (AC’97 and HDA compatible) In and Out
Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX
Power supply not included
3 year warranty

Quite beastly looking imo!

Comments

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The case may support that many but most motherboards do not, although adapters can be purchased to put in the psu or another slot on the boad

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
That also looks really ugly and its too tall as well, im struggling to imagine a sniper fitting under my desk let alone that thing

UndeadJack

Master Poster
That also looks really ugly and its too tall as well, im struggling to imagine a sniper fitting under my desk let alone that thing
I have a strange desk so it would fit under mine or at least beside it. I don't think it looks bad but I would probably go for the HAF-X as the LEDs and design is just mesmerising

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
That doesnt really bother me, the only thing currently that id buy 3.0 is another external hdd which currently i do not need and it would also be left there so can be plugged in at the back

Are there any other devices other than storage that use 3.0?

UndeadJack

Master Poster
That doesnt really bother me, the only thing currently that id buy 3.0 is another external hdd which currently i do not need and it would also be left there so can be plugged in at the back

Are there any other devices other than storage that use 3.0?
I have a USB3 external. I think the top end canon camcorders are beginning to use USB3

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
A lot cameras also use firewire which is extremely fast

You can alwaysnstick the external into the back as you probably wont move it much will you?

UndeadJack

Master Poster
A lot cameras also use firewire which is extremely fast

You can alwaysnstick the external into the back as you probably wont move it much will you?

It is chock full of Music and Films I have ripped (Which is actually legal now. Love you Vince Cable) It is also full of software which I plan to move onto a seperate eSATA external which I can just permanently sit it there

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What software did you use, it never works with me ive tried handbrake and various linux ones and no success

Im guessing that it can be done through itunes now for dvds

UndeadJack

Master Poster
What software did you use, it never works with me ive tried handbrake and various linux ones and no success

Im guessing that it can be done through itunes now for dvds

I used MAGIC DVD ripper and used Mac the Ripper when I had an iMac

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Ok thanks, sadlymi no longer have windows after my hdd broke and i had to use an old one with no windows on it, so i downloaded linux and i use that, im not bothering with a pirate version its not worth the hassle and im not really a fan of illegally downloading, especially more expensive softwares

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Ok thanks, sadlymi no longer have windows after my hdd broke and i had to use an old one with no windows on it, so i downloaded linux and i use that, im not bothering with a pirate version its not worth the hassle and im not really a fan of illegally downloading, especially more expensive softwares
Handbrake usually works so maybe you are missing a step? If you still can't fix it you may just have to download them. :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I downloaded a lot of films from torrents (only ones i own) because i gave up with it, it was much easier to download a 720p version online than rip my copy to only 480p

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I download 1080p ones but they take like a few hours to download... TBH I will buy blu rays but probably download a lot

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Blu rays have a digital copy that is easy to download

I only download the 720p version because my monitor is 1366x768

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Im talking laptop aothough my pc will be the same as my tv that ill be using is not 1080p but hopefully ill be using 3 monitors once i purchase a second 580 although i have a feeling they all need to be the same res which they most likely wont be, either that or they release somethingmhigher than 1080p whichi could get