Wireless/Wired Networking

Hello,

I have a desktop with card as below, however, due to layout of apartment the computer is far away from the router. The networks signal is very poor. However, I can see that other devices in this same location have better connectivity e.g. Iphone, laptop. Thus, I thought I will update only card in my laptop. I tried extenders and repeaters but have bad experiences with them. I do not want to have long cables going through apartment and I am unable to relocate router.

Below I give specification of what I have at the moment. Could you recommend a card which would be better? I though also about a card which has antenna with extension but I am unsure if this would be better e.g. TP-LINK Archer wireless PCI-Express adapter with antennas AX3000 Mbps Wi-Fi 6 - Bluetooth 5.0

Any advise on what might be the best solution?

This is what I have at the moment:
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS 802.11 AC1200 867Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It only does "Wifi 5" rather than the AX band but it'll have you covered for 5Ghz. I would likely look at cards similar to the one I listed with the moveable antennae option.

You could also just purchase an antenna for your current system.