Wiping SSD of previous Operating System then transferring to New PC?

Chrisdo

When I receive my new PC ordered from PCS - I am aiming to transfer my old SSD & HDD to my new PC as storage options. The new PC will have a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it's m.2 drive. I've never had Windows 10 before and only been on Windows 7.... my old PC just couldn't handle the 'free upgrade' process a few years back. *frequent BSOD and Bugs*

My question is do I transfer the older SSD drive over with 'Windows 7' still on it and then reformat from within my New PC config... or do I wipe it 'clean' prior to the transfer? Is there a friendly way of 'erasing' my SSD drive because most of the options from within Samsung Magician inc. Secure Erase are not possible because my old motherboard is identifying it as SCSI disk device and not ACHI - it doesn't support ACHI.

VenatoS

When I receive my new PC ordered from PCS - I am aiming to transfer my old SSD & HDD to my new PC as storage options. The new PC will have a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it's m.2 drive. I've never had Windows 10 before and only been on Windows 7.... my old PC just couldn't handle the 'free upgrade' process a few years back. *frequent BSOD and Bugs*

My question is do I transfer the older SSD drive over with 'Windows 7' still on it and then reformat from within my New PC config... or do I wipe it 'clean' prior to the transfer? Is there a friendly way of 'erasing' my SSD drive because most of the options from within Samsung Magician inc. Secure Erase are not possible because my old motherboard is identifying it as SCSI disk device and not ACHI - it doesn't support ACHI.

When new PC arrives, plug in the SSD.
Make sure the Start up order is for your M.2 to 1st in Priority.
Then just format the SSD with right click & format...