Windows Randomly not Loading & wireless keyboard randomly stops working

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
Wow OK, I didn't know that, Luckily my license is up in November.
I have it installed on my Laptop with Win 11 and there is no issue

So windows is solid enough to not need any form of internet security?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wow OK, I didn't know that, Luckily my license is up in November.
I have it installed on my Laptop with Win 11 and there is no issue

So windows is solid enough to not need any form of internet security?
Windows defender is part of windows and far better than any paid solution. The paid solutions are proven to actually reduce your protection, plus severely hamper system performance.

It's a full security suite.

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for all the help everybody and the education on 3rd party Antivirus solutions, that will save me some cash and hopefully fix this nightmare of an issue

Ill let you know in a few weeks if Eset was the issue, once I have installed everything I need and have gone through enough restarts to know for sure.
One last thing, can anyone recommend an inexpensive a data recovery program? I just want something that can pick out the few important files that didn't make it to my external back up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for all the help everybody and the education on 3rd party Antivirus solutions, that will save me some cash and hopefully fix this nightmare of an issue

Ill let you know in a few weeks if Eset was the issue, once I have installed everything I need and have gone through enough restarts to know for sure.
One last thing, can anyone recommend an inexpensive a data recovery program? I just want something that can pick out the few important files that didn't make it to my external back up
There’s Recoverit which is worth a go

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I do BSOD dump analysis on a number of Windows fora (as well as this one!) and third-party anti-malware products are a major source of BSODs on a huge number of PCs and laptops. The problem is that Microsoft do not make public the deep level APIs that anti-malware tools really need, so often they have to use undocumented features and APIs. The problem there of course, is that when Microsoft make a change to an undocumented feature/API (as they are entitled to do) it often breaks an anti-malware tool that was using that feature/API.

Third-party security products have not been required on Windows for many years (and never on Windows 10/11), but the third-party security product vendors have built their businesses on added security and they're now seeing the need for their products disappear. Their solution is to frighten the vast non-technical customer base into believing that they need their products - it's the only way they can stay in business.

Don't fall for the hype. Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are plenty good enough. In any case, the biggest security threat to any PC is the end user, and no security product can protect again that!

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
@ubuysa Thanks for the break down of how it works. That is very interesting, I haven't thought about the need for 3rd party antivirus for a long time. I just settled on Eset years ago and thought nothing more of it, it also added other seemingly useful features like extra security for online banking etc. Its definitely a wake up call to rethink any thing that becomes comfortable.

Still no issues with windows since the last reinstall, but it will be a while before I am sure.

Again, thank you everyone for your input, this community is amazing.