Windows 11 Update

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hey all. Not sure if posted in right section or not. I am currently running Windows 10. I have heard they will no longer be anymore updates for windows 10. Is it worth While upgrading to windows 11 now. Or will windows 10 still be fine to use/game with for abit longer without any updates etc.
How well does windows 11 Perform now for gaming?

DeletedUser

Windows 10 will be supported until Decomber 31st 2025, at which point it iwll receive no more important updates and, crucially, no more security updates...meaning no exploits will be patched.

Windows 11 had some teething troubles which took a while to resolve but the platform is pretty table now. I've been using Win 11 since last May (upgraded from Win 10 to troubleshoot an issue) and haven't encountered any real issues....haven't gamed a great deal though..only a month or so end of last year and the last month but have encountered no issues. From an Xbox/Microsoft pov, gaming should be better as it is more integrated into Windows than it was with Windows 10

Day to day, there's not much difference...layout of the main screen is a bit different due to the icons on the taskbar and a few things in settings have either gone or changed but that's about it for the average user

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Windows 11 is better than windows 10 generally, it’s a very good OS

You can’t use an OS when it goes End Of Life, well you can but you’ll have anything you type or store on that device hacked and stolen.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Windows 11 is better than windows 10 generally, it’s a very good OS

You can’t use an OS when it goes End Of Life, well you can but you’ll have anything you type or store on that device hacked and stolen.
So its worth the upgrade now. I have notification in bottom left windows 11 version 22H2 is ready Download and install. Is that all i have to to.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Agree, clean install is the way to go, rather than an in situ update. Be mindful that a clean install will wipe your OS drive, so back up anything important to another drive or cloud first. And worth checking if you need a BIOS update before upgrading to W11. I've a B550 MB and a 5900X, there was a bug that caused stuttering in W11, so I preformed a BIOS update before clean install of Windows 11. But you need to get permission from PCS support for any BIOS update first.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hey all. I was wondering. I am on windows 10 at the moment. Thinking about moving to windows 11. Is it possible to just upgrade and install windows 11 over windows 10 or do a fresh installment. If I decide to just upgrade over windows 10. Could it cause issues or not.

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey all. I was wondering. I am on windows 10 at the moment. Thinking about moving to windows 11. Is it possible to just upgrade and install windows 11 over windows 10 or do a fresh installment. If I decide to just upgrade over windows 10. Could it cause issues or not.

Thanks
This has already been answered a while ago, it’s still the same