Windows 10 21H2

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hello all. Could some-one please advice what this means. ( Sorry to be so dumb lol )

I have been streaming and checked the log on OBS and message popped up saying

You are running Windows 10 21H2, which will be supported by Microsoft until June 2023... What does that mean. ( I have looked on internet, I have seen mixed reviews. People saying Will need to buy new key. Will need to upgrade to windows 11. )

Could someone please explain. Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello all. Could some-one please advice what this means. ( Sorry to be so dumb lol )

You are running Windows 10 21H2, which will be supported by Microsoft until June 2023... What does that mean. ( I have looked on internet, I have seen mixed reviews. People saying Will need to buy new key. Will need to upgrade to windows 11. )

Best to post in the OBS forums.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

21H2 is the current version of Windows 10, released last November and supported by MS until June '23. As long as you keep up with your Windows updates you'll be fine. There'll be a 22H2 release late this year; there's no 22H1 release as MS have now gone to annual updates for Windows 10 rather than biannual.

You have nothing to worry about - and if your system is compatible can always upgrade to Windows 11 in any case.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Windows 10 has support until October 2025, so there will be various versions of windows 10 released up until that point.

So long as you remain on current versions through windows update, you're on a supported OS.