Wifi Signal Issues

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Functioning perfectly :cool:
And another one for good measure, my other half's dad has an engineer's brain (he keeps it under his bed) and he absolutely loves this one...

EngineeringFlowchart.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I remember an engineer/mechanic mate showing me a BMW 330ci with a serious wheel wobble after having some wheel spacers fitted.

Once he'd stopped laughing, he took the wheel off (which took less than half a turn of the wheel bolt) to show me the 12 penny washers super-glued together at each bolt hole to give him a 12mm 'spacer'.

The garage that fitted them in Brum said it probably just needed an alignment as the spacers would have upset it a bit, but they didn't have the equipment to do it.

The worst part was the owner had driven from Solihull to Plymouth to get it checked out :oops:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And another one for good measure, my other half's dad has an engineer's brain (he keeps it under his bed) and he absolutely loves this one...

View attachment 23843
Seeing this gaffa tape, years ago i used to do some part time mechanicing for a super Kart team, one weekend we were racing down at Brands Hatch and our female driver had an accident in which she cracked/broke some ribs, but managed to get through to the final, she was determined that she was going to take part in the final, so once she had managed to get into her leathers, we then proceed to bind her ribs tightly with gaffa tape.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Seeing this gaffa tape, years ago i used to do some part time mechanicing for a super Kart team, one weekend we were racing down at Brands Hatch and our female driver had an accident in which she cracked/broke some ribs, but managed to get through to the final, she was determined that she was going to take part in the final, so once she had managed to get into her leathers, we then proceed to bind her ribs tightly with gaffa tape.
Yes I've heard of that sort of thing before - it's is regualrly used for triage!!

The pic shows metallic tape rather than gaffa tape though.....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I remember an engineer/mechanic mate showing me a BMW 330ci with a serious wheel wobble after having some wheel spacers fitted.

Once he'd stopped laughing, he took the wheel off (which took less than half a turn of the wheel bolt) to show me the 12 penny washers super-glued together at each bolt hole to give him a 12mm 'spacer'.

The garage that fitted them in Brum said it probably just needed an alignment as the spacers would have upset it a bit, but they didn't have the equipment to do it.

The worst part was the owner had driven from Solihull to Plymouth to get it checked out :oops:

I've seen some belters over the years in the car communities 😂

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
When you maintain your own boat you very quickly learn that Sikaflex 291 sticks the world together. Duck tape is fine for a get you home repair but if you want anything stuck to anything else with a watertight (and waterproof) bond you need Sikaflex.

The problem with it is that it's a nightmare to get off surfaces you don't want it on. If you get it on your hands you just have to wait for the top layer of skin to die off..... :eek:

71EkVlxGSIL._SL1500_.jpg

EdwardH

Bronze Level Poster
Just quickly posting to see if anyone has a solution, I have excellent signal for my wifi all bars full but it appears that every site or anything I open is really slow and sometimes does not load, what problem could this be?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just quickly posting to see if anyone has a solution, I have excellent signal for my wifi all bars full but it appears that every site or anything I open is really slow and sometimes does not load, what problem could this be?
What internet service do you pay for? And who is it with?