Which 17inch laptop?

PC49laptop

Bronze Level Poster
I can get very similar specs for the Optimus, Recoil & Defiance options, leaving out the Octane as rather heavy & large.
Looks like Recoil has more control of key backlights, hard to tell about sound from short descriptions.
All 3 similar weight, thickness of Optimus at 30mm, Recoil 26.75mm & Defiance 20mm, I could go for the 'Goldilocks' choice and go for the Recoil.
Can anyone simply explain the main differences to help finalise choice?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Check the number of ports on each model and the port locations. Its been a while since I've looked the PCS laptops in detail but that's where you'll find differences I think.

PC49laptop

Bronze Level Poster
Good point, generally all OK, noticed no HDMI on Recoil for output to a screen, but sure easy to get a mini display port converter to HDMI.

D

Deleted member 94250

Good point, generally all OK, noticed no HDMI on Recoil for output to a screen, but sure easy to get a mini display port converter to HDMI.
if the optimus x 17in is anything like the 15 inch the RGB on the keybaord is woeful. one zone and no effects, but at least there's a lot of colors and effects.
it has AMAZING cooling, gaming temps on CPU are 55-65 with rare 75 and an extremely rare 83. GPU 55-65 too.
if the optimus x is actuallyy not the same just toss my notes out the window tho, who knows whether they're the same or at least similar.