What PSU is needed to SLI Gtx 570s

SrgColman

Enthusiast
This is the spec I'm umming and ahhing over.

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TX SERIES (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£86)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
4 PORT USB 2.0 EXTERNAL HUB + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£9)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,003.00 including VAT and delivery.

Will the 750W PSU allow me to SLI in the future? Or will I need the 850W PSU.

If so, will the 750 PSU allow me breathing room to have a bigger and better GPU in the future, if I replaced the 570, trying to remind myself that some cards un the future upgrades will be more power hunger.

Cheers

RichH

Gold Level Poster
The 750W PSU would be good to swap out the 570 for a 590 but as vanthus says, to SLi in another 570 you would need an 850W

Teaz

Godlike
850w is the max in my view as it has just the tiny bit of breathing space. If you dont plan to add anything else to it like extra hdd or monitor or mouse etc etc then it would be fine :) but if not i would certainly recommend the 1000w psu just for that breathing room for those 570s :) the 750w psu is just for 1 single 570.

If in future you will change the gpu to a powerful gpu but not SLI it then the 850 or 750 psu would be fine depending on how power hungry it could be but if you do plan to SLI it then 1000 would be more recommended as its the recommend watt for a 580 setup. hope that cleared something ffor you :)

SrgColman

Enthusiast
How much power will a monitor and peripherals takes, like a keyboard mouse and gamepad. I'm going to acquire a 23" monitor and will have keyboard mouse and gamepad hooked up as well. The configurator says 650W will be fine for just a single 570, instead of the 750W you reccommend Teaz.

How easy is it to change a GPU in the future? Second thoughts about if I can trust myself to change a GPU in the future.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
I plane to do exactly what your doing some time in the future. I've just bought a computer with 1 GTX 570 in it. Around next Christmas I will get another one and run them ion SLI. I think and 850w PSU will do just fine.