What have you been doing with your PC?

dani72

Silver Level Poster
Every day I see people posting here on the forums about the high spec PC's they are buying but apart from the odd review never hear much of how they get on with them. Would anybody like to share interesting projects they've been working on (videos, music, graphic design etc.) or good games they've played?

dani72

Silver Level Poster
I'll start things off.

Since I got my new PC about a month ago I've been working on lots of videos for my YouTube channel. These are my two most recent:

(Created using Magic Music Visualiser)

(Created using Nero Video & Magic Music Visualiser)

I'm also working on a new DJ mix but since it's not finished I can't share it. This is something similar, which I created on my previous PCS build:

(Created using MixMeister & Magic Music Visualiser)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Nice work! 👍

When my system arrived at the end of July 2020 I was entering the busiest year of my working life, it’s been relentless.

So I’ve not used my system anywhere near as much as I’d like! I’ve played a couple of games but not made any music on it… it’s main use has actually been helping me spec builds for others on the forum. I’m hoping that when the UK returns to normality that I’ll get to spend a bit more time with it and do something creative 🙂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Neither of my builds are new, but I've done a tiny bit of gaming, mostly the Masterchief collection which I've always wanted to play, and more recently the Mass Effect Remasters.

Most of my time though has been either on the forum, or researching audio equipment and records. I'm definitely a bit obsessive when it comes to music, and getting my system finished has been much of my focus over the last 5 years or so.

The forums have been rather busy since covid hit as well, with it's ups and downs. I love it though, I have to research a lot of things, and everyone knows something someone else doesn't, so you learn something new every day.

When I upgrade my desktop computer, I might also invest in an M1 Mac Mini and get Logic loaded up again, it's been too long and I've got a few tunes running around in my head.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine was bought purely for gaming, and I specced it so that it would last a few years before needing any significant update.

I don’t think it’s worth listing all the games I’ve installed as I don’t think there’s anything unique/esoteric in my selections.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've been using my new computer to make my life easier when I produce music and I also play games with it, such as: Call Of Duty Warzone, Cyberpunk etc... My old PC felt the age it had when using FL Studio. I've done several edits and changes to my build since I received it, like adding LED strips, changing rear exhaust fan, installing a GPU support bracked and last thing... I received a Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 last week as a gift, so I swapped out my RX 6700 XT and installed this new GPU.

I couldn't be happier with the PC I got from PCS, it has been amazing so far.

Here's how my PC currently looks:

IMG_4088.jpg

I'll also leave a link to one of the songs I produced :)

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I use mine for really deep down technical stuff. It's way too complex to explain, it's real nuts and bolts work, right down in the guts of the system. For example, one recent guru-style technical process I used mine for was to compose a letter, yep right there on screen, and then (and this is the really technical part) I transferred it to paper. I know, I amaze myself sometimes, I'm a proper nerd. 🤓

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I use mine for really deep down technical stuff. It's way too complex to explain, it's real nuts and bolts work, right down in the guts of the system. For example, one recent guru-style technical process I used mine for was to compose a letter, yep right there on screen, and then (and this is the really technical part) I transferred it to paper. I know, I amaze myself sometimes, I'm a proper nerd. 🤓
I bet you've got a daisy-wheel or golf-ball printer too!

I want an Autopen to hand-write my letters for me, as my handwriting is shocking (brain goes to fast for my hand to follow - everyone thinks I should have become a doctor) and I really down like sending typed/printed notes (email excepted).

loso64

I have been currently playing Dark souls 3 Convergence mod while patiently waiting for my PC to be finished being built. So far 5th day in building and 50 days of production. And supposedly gonna take at least a week or two more..
h2UQRlOQb-eZ6y_2nvh2rugH4reTpgnFJ_P8KA1QMog.jpg

Last edited:

MrWilson

Godlike
Built a 1440p 144hz PC to play next gens games and enter the high performance 1440p world

I use it to watch Youtube videos and play Binding of Isaac ...
Now I’m getting a PC with an actual graphics card I’m looking forward to being able to play something other than Oldschool RuneScape and Flash games.
That being said, OSRS is still going to be what I’m playing most of the time when it arrives 😅.
Have a friend who managed to get a 3080 FE and he still spends a lot of his time on OSRS too, I have tried to encourage him to spend some more time on Steam…
Got a few free Epic Games titles plus Steam Summer Sale is now on, so going to try and play some titles that actually utilise the 3070…

Vergaro98

Super Star
Every day I see people posting here on the forums about the high spec PC's they are buying but apart from the odd review never hear much of how they get on with them. Would anybody like to share interesting projects they've been working on (videos, music, graphic design etc.) or good games they've played?
I bought mine mostly for medical research. Unfortunately I cannot share anything at the moment but when the article will be published I can show you some interesting things done with the laptop.
I also play a bit on RDR2 and Warzone but this is not the main goal of this pc.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I bought mine for photo editing, but spend so much time on my work laptop that I can’t face much more screen time. I still have a few changes to make to the desk area. I am thinking about getting some wall mounts for my personal monitors to free up some desk space. I will then be able to setup up my 2 work monitors plus laptop at the other end. So, I will then have 5 screens, 2 keyboards, 2 mice and a trackpad, plus a graphics tablet.

FerrariVie

Super Star
The project that I have been working on in my free time for the past 3 months was developing watch faces for Garmin watches. I was pretty bad in the beginning, but I'm getting better now, learning new things each month :)