Waiting for arrival of ne Baby :-)

dalbow

It arrived yesterday I was full of excitment, but could do nothing until today. Opened the box this morning, drooling at the sight of the lovely Cosmos case, but have had the "edge" taken off by the following small dissapointments .....

1. The eSATA connection on top of the case is damaged/bent (not too worried as I wont be using it and managed to get it presentable) .....

2. When I opened the side of the case to remove the packing, there was a loose black plastic Frame/Mesh "filter" rattling around the bottom of the case???. I thought it might be to cover the grill at the back next to the 2 graphics cards, but it just flops about loosely there ....

3. No power lead, had to use the old one off my now defunct PC ....

4. The 4 front USB ports dont work / aren't switched on....

Could someone tell me where/how the Black Filter fits, please send me a power lead and tell me how to "power up" the front USB ports

Unfortunatley I was too late to use the online support so had to use the forum in the hope someone from PCS is here

Last edited:

Maestro

OK, glad to hear the pc has arrived. Firstly, the RAMPAGE III EXTREME MOBO has virtually no onboard usb headers, so the front usb ports cannot be connected. We asked ASUS about this and they just said its the way it was designed. Not sure how the esata port can get bent. Maybe you might want to send us pictures to [email protected] The esata port is flush with IO panel surround so this has confused me a little. There should have definately been a power lead supplied. Please confirm you have checked the top box and all packaging. Quite often in the haste of unpacking, little things like this get thrown to one side with the packaging material. I will arrange to send one once confirmed missing. Not sure what mesh filter you are refering to. I can only point you here to look at some pictures of the case to determine where it goes. http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=2584Please remeber, that before we started fitting the inflatable packing, unrepairable damage to these cases was common during transit. We do everything we can to ensure the pc is packed and delivered without issue. The blue inflatable packing is used to secure all the heavy components inside the case, and inflates once the side panel has been re-fitted, so may have caused this item to become loose. Rather that than the gpu breaking free.

dalbow

Firstly, the RAMPAGE III EXTREME MOBO has virtually no onboard usb headers, so the front usb ports cannot be connected. We asked ASUS about this and they just said its the way it was designed.

Well that disappointing, one of the reason I went for the case is the front USB ports, rather than a hub ... maybe an idea to have this noted when choosing the mobo on your site

Not sure how the esata port can get bent. Maybe you might want to send us pictures to [email protected] The esata port is flush with IO panel surround so this has confused me a little.

It was the top silver strip that was bent upwards out of the recess, Like I said I've managed to bend it back in place and make it presentable, so no worries there.

There should have definately been a power lead supplied. Please confirm you have checked the top box and all packaging. Quite often in the haste of unpacking, little things like this get thrown to one side with the packaging material. I will arrange to send one once confirmed missing.

Definately no power lead in the small or large box

Not sure what mesh filter you are refering to. I can only point you here to look at some pictures of the case to determine where it goes. http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=2584Please remeber, that before we started fitting the inflatable packing, unrepairable damage to these cases was common during transit. We do everything we can to ensure the pc is packed and delivered without issue. The blue inflatable packing is used to secure all the heavy components inside the case, and inflates once the side panel has been re-fitted, so may have caused this item to become loose. Rather that than the gpu breaking free.

Ive looked at the link you sent and the booklet supplied with the PC ..... On the link the first picture show a large black and white section running through the middle of the case, when I looked the the booklet this is the VGA Air Duct ..... my PC seems to have this missing and in it place is this small Black frame/Mesh thing

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update dalbow. Can someone from production please confirm if the VGA duct should have been fitted or whether 2 x GTX 480's limits the installation?

We'll get the power cable out to you asap - sorry about this. I will wait for confirmation about the VGA duct first.

Maestro

I am pretty sure the ducting cannot be fitted when 2 gtx480's are fitted but will confirm on monday. All our cases have front USB ports. It wouldnt of mattered which case you chose, this motherboard would still not support the front ones. You can of course decide if you would rather have your card reader with single usb port at the front or unplug this and connect 2 of your front case usb ports.

Sleinous

Author Level
The 4 front USB ports dont work / aren't switched on....
Very very probable that PCS had no available internal USB headers to plug the 2x front USB headers in to the motherboard. Can't say more than this as i dont know what you bought but... the following device is used for expanding the number of internal USB headers from 1 to 3 (giving you 2 extras)

http://techgage.com/news/nzxt_releases_iu01_internal_usb_expansion_module

(It is purchasable in the UK, just ask if you need the website I found after much searching).

I am pretty sure the ducting cannot be fitted when 2 gtx480's are fitted but will confirm on monday. All our cases have front USB ports. It wouldnt of mattered which case you chose, this motherboard would still not support the front ones. You can of course decide if you would rather have your card reader with single usb port at the front or unplug this and connect 2 of your front case usb ports.

The above link should fix this if you like to have 4 frontal USBs working. I have one in there right now and it is working like a charm (although one of my USBs at the front wont boot up a WD portable drive but the other 3 do lol even though the NZXT comes with a power connector to source power to these devices by itself, and not from the mobo).

Firstly, the RAMPAGE III EXTREME MOBO has virtually no onboard usb headers, so the front usb ports cannot be connected. We asked ASUS about this and they just said its the way it was designed.

I REALLY need to start reading what other peeps have posted before posting lol, ok so from this I can deduce you have the SAME motherboard as me and have the SAME problem. Therefore, you will need to buy this little device that I linked you to further up. If you need help installing it, I can post you some pics of how it is set up in my rig, I have the same motherboard, and the 4 front USBs now work with it. (I also have the 52in1 card reader which uses up the sole header on this mobo).

Last edited:

dalbow

You can of course decide if you would rather have your card reader with single usb port at the front or unplug this and connect 2 of your front case usb ports.

That sounds like a plan, from memory I only used the card reader in may last pc once so wouldn't miss it. Is this difficult to do, looking at the inside of the case there is very limited room at the top to get my hands in or does something easily remove to allow access. Also, doing this myself wont void any warrranty will it?

Cheers Dale

dalbow

I REALLY need to start reading what other peeps have posted before posting lol, ok so from this I can deduce you have the SAME motherboard as me and have the SAME problem. Therefore, you will need to buy this little device that I linked you to further up. If you need help installing it, I can post you some pics of how it is set up in my rig, I have the same motherboard, and the 4 front USBs now work with it. (I also have the 52in1 card reader which uses up the sole header on this mobo).

That looks even better. Where does this item fit in the case ... I assume this connects to the "sole usb header" and from this I can connect the card reader and 4 x front usb ports?

Again though I would ask if this affects the warranty?

Sleinous

Author Level
Yes you can :) Again, i can give you pics and where to buy if needed and where you could place it. I have plenty of spare room in my case, not sure about yours obviously. Just say if you want pics.

Last edited:

dalbow

Hi Guys, Did you get anywhere with the VGA Duct?

Cheers D

dalbow

Hi Guys, Did you get anywhere with the VGA Duct?

Cheers D

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies - I will chase this up for you tomorrow. Please note that our forums are not an official channel for support and you will receive a faster response by contacting our call centre.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We will be sending out a power cable and the graphics card bar today, but I cannot confirm if the bar fits. It's most likely that it does not fit because of the size of your graphics cards and the position of the power connectors. Only around 50% fit, so we have plenty of spares.

The black mesh clip is meant to be loose, and it attaches to the back of the case.