Vyper III 17.3 - fans ramp up and down all the time for no reason

Redcloud

Bronze Level Poster
Hello,

the title basically says it all.
I'm running the laptop in office mode and changing the fan curve doesn't change much.
On battery the laptop is comfortably quiet as it should be.

Is anyone having this issue or know how to fix it.

Cheers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

the title basically says it all.
I'm running the laptop in office mode and changing the fan curve doesn't change much.
On battery the laptop is comfortably quiet as it should be.

Is anyone having this issue or know how to fix it.

Cheers
Fans normally relate to temps, so check your temps. When on battery, obviously it's using much less power so makes sense why the fans aren't as active.

Redcloud

Bronze Level Poster
Fans normally relate to temps, so check your temps. When on battery, obviously it's using much less power so makes sense why the fans aren't as active.
The temps are basically the same then when unplugged with much louder fans. I think the fans relate more to clock speeds then temps on this chassis. Hence them ramping up and down all the time.

barlew

Godlike
Again like the other post mate my Vyper does not do this.

With mine there is a clear relationship to the fan operation and the temperatures.

I assume you have all the driver installed that PCS supplied?

barlew

Godlike
From time to time mine do ramp up but nothing that I would find concerning its just clearly got stuff going on in the background.
For instance right now I have steam, outlook chrome and Rainbow Six Vegas (absolute classic game) open in the background and the fans are going at what I would consider a normal wack.