viper 11 laptop

bowwave59

can i get rid of the press f1 f2 to continue on start up of a viper 11 laptop and just boot straight to windows 7

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
What's the exact message you're getting? You should not have to press this each time you boot. Do you turn it off by the proper means each time you shut down?

bowwave59

when the laptop 1st starts up > black screen listing all the components with the message t the bottom > press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. Laptop has always been shut down using the windows button followed by the shutdown button. Laptop has done this since it was unpacked.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Did you have any USB flash drives plugged in when this happened? Try entering the BIOS and setting the 1st boot device to your harddrive.

To do this, press the "Del" (Delete) key when prompted during first boot of your laptop. Sometimes this may be F12 or F9 and not the "Del" key. Then use your arrow keys to scroll to "Boot" and then "Boot Device Priority". Follow the instructions to set your first device as your hard drive. Press F10 to save and exit.

Sleinous

Author Level
Did you have any USB flash drives plugged in when this happened? Try entering the BIOS and setting the 1st boot device to your harddrive.

To do this, press the "Del" (Delete) key when prompted during first boot of your laptop. Sometimes this may be F12 or F9 and not the "Del" key. Then use your arrow keys to scroll to "Boot" and then "Boot Device Priority". Follow the instructions to set your first device as your hard drive. Press F10 to save and exit.

Good point, when I first had my PC, I restarted it and it did nothing, then I unplugged pen drive, restarted and it started. Must have been trying to boot off the flash drive.

bowwave59

I already set the laptops hard drive as 1st in the boot order. There is no other flash drive or any device pluged in when laptop is started.