Upgrade Advice

iTzCallumUK

I bought a Desktop PC from PCS recently and want to upgrade at some point in the future. I would like to ask 2 questions.

1. When I upgrade can I increase warranty?

2. What is the best thing to upgrade? (I currently have no price so lets say my budget is £250)

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
RAM: 16GB Kingston DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960
HDD: 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

Should I buy a new CPU? Or another 960 GPU? A new HDD/SSD maybe?

Many Thanks!
~ Callum

P.S. I am unsure if I have posted this into the right place.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I assume it's a PC mostly for gaming (with internet browsing and the usual stuff as well).

If you want a new CPU, the only option for major upgrades would be going for Intel. And then you'd need a new mobo (and for skylake, maybe new RAM, since DDR3 technically isn't supported). And if you change the mobo you may need a new OS too.

As for upgrading the other parts of the PC, it depends what you really want. An SSD will make OS and game load times faster, but wouldn't have much impact on FPS.
A new graphics card (say a GTX 970) would increase your FPS/ let you play on more demanding settings, though once you start getting into higher end GPUs your CPU's lower single threaded performance will get to be more of an issue. A good GTX 970 will be £250-280. Also if you don't play very demanding games and your GTX 960 copes well, there might not be as much benefit in shelling out for a 970. (You need to be sure your PSU will support any GPU upgrade you plan)

You can get new GPUs and SSDs/HDDs quite easily, and they're pretty simple to fit. Sourcing them yourself might give you more choice over parts and price options.