Up to 3k budget; Looking for builds, more info inside

EvilGrins

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a brand new PC. I play games for around 5-6 hours a day and I want a PC that can stand the test of time for the games that I play. Examples are Elden Ring, Destiny 2, League of Legends, Borderlands 3, Final Fantasy 16 Online etc. I'd like to be able to play these games on max settings while keeping my GPU and CPU cool if I can. I always monitor my temps and it tends to mess with my peace of mind sometimes, my current PC sits at 82c under load with the games that I listed, not ideal... (Nvidia GTX 1080). So, would anyone out there be able to give me full build?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is that £3000? What monitor will you be using?

Just so you know, 82°C isn't a problem: ideally a little lower than that is best, but you won't have any problems running with those temperatures.

EvilGrins

Bronze Level Poster
Is that £3000? What monitor will you be using?

Just so you know, 82°C isn't a problem: ideally a little lower than that is best, but you won't have any problems running with those temperatures.
My peripherals are already covered, I just want a PC recommendation

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My peripherals are already covered, I just want a PC recommendation
And the monitor?

I run a GTX1080 founders edition and cap it at 84C which is the target temp.

The 1080 did run hotter than modern cards, 85 is about where you want it running peak, around 90 will start to cause concern.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh sorry, I'm using a 165hz 1920x1080 monitor
Why are you looking for a new build out of interest? Where is performance limited?

I don't think any new build will reduce temps on the GPU, it's running where it should be. You could possibly reduce temps by repasting it as it will be a little old now, but a different build I don't think is going to reduce temps.

But the 1080 shouldn't have any problems at all at 1080p with that monitor yet? Where are you seeing issues?

EvilGrins

Bronze Level Poster
Why are you looking for a new build out of interest? Where is performance limited?

I don't think any new build will reduce temps on the GPU, it's running where it should be. You could possibly reduce temps by repasting it as it will be a little old now, but a different build I don't think is going to reduce temps.

But the 1080 shouldn't have any problems at all at 1080p with that monitor yet? Where are you seeing issues?
Well my current PC I plan to give to a family member anyway as I'm buying a new one. But sometimes I play games for up to 12 hours at a time and to have the GPU permanently sitting at 82 kind of scares me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well my current PC I plan to give to a family member anyway as I'm buying a new one. But sometimes I play games for up to 12 hours at a time and to have the GPU permanently sitting at 82 kind of scares me.
But that's normal though for the card. That's how it's meant to run. It's actually 3 degrees under it's target temp, so that's a bonus.

If you wanted a full new build, you'd need a monitor to pair with it, so you'd be looking at an ultra wide 1440?