Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)

evak2979

Hmmm... I'd give PCS a call then.

So as a last resort I opened my laptop's base, removed an extra HDD I'd added in the empty socket next to the reader, turned it on and now the reader works fine. I wonder if there was a conflict between them, or whether it pushed against a cable and caused any sort of issues.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So as a last resort I opened my laptop's base, removed an extra HDD I'd added in the empty socket next to the reader, turned it on and now the reader works fine. I wonder if there was a conflict between them, or whether it pushed against a cable and caused any sort of issues.
Do you still see the 'port reset' USB device?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Was the HDD you added just a regular SATA drive or was there anything special about it? Did it plug in properly and was it supported by a frame or screws?

Sent using Tapatalk

evak2979

Was the HDD you added just a regular SATA drive or was there anything special about it? Did it plug in properly and was it supported by a frame or screws?

Sent using Tapatalk

Was just a regular SATA.
It wasn't supported by frame or screws (much as I tried to find a way to), and it was touching the cable leading from the MB to the USB drive, but not a lot.