Turn off light?

makker

Hi

I have a desktop housed in the "Piano Black Enigma Micro-ATX Case". The standby / power light is very bright, and annoying when it flashes. Is there any way to turn it off (or is this a job for electrical tape)?

Thanks

Buzz

Master
Lol Same with the 500R. Can turn off all the fan Leds but not the main power light. I covered it with the my SSD is better then your HDD sticker. Job done. :)

Corfate

Author Level
When my pc is in sleep on the odd occasion when i leave it on overnight, my Power LED flashes, which is very bright. I just have to cover it with a folder or something :(

makker

cheers for the replies. it's mostly when it's night time and it's in sleep mode. the flashing really does light up a room. i suppose that's one of the reasons you pay extra for a Mac - a nice holistic gentle throbbing led!

low tech solution it is...

lolliver

Why leave it asleep over night? don't you just turn it off? I know it wakes faster than a cold boot, but what's a minute or so.
This ^

I quite often put a film on at night and fall asleep during it; but the flashing 'sleep' light doesn't wake me up when I'm actually asleep so it's ok.

rudeword

My PC is in our living/dining room, so if I put the machine in sleep to avoid having to quit out of all work while we eat/watch TV/etc the flashing light is really annoying. Is there an option in the BIOS or somewhere I can change?

Corfate

Author Level
Don't think so. It's probably just a case of unplugging a cable from the motherboard from the front bezel. Consult your manual to see which cable is which :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
My light actually stays on when it's shut down as well unless you meant turn it off by the PSU switch at the back? I don't really have an issue because it's downstairs in the kitchen but I can imagine it's pretty bright if you're trying to sleep x)