The Big 24 Hour Race, LIVE - Saturday 28th January 2012 - 9am start

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Hi all,

Mr.Dave and I are emarking on an epic rFactor race in an FIA GT1 Aston Martin race car against 32 other drivers. Our aim is to finish the race and not be last. Can we win the race? Yes we could very well win the race but I'd just be ecstatic if we manage to go 24 hours without pranging the car into a barrier from fatigue! We shall be doing a 3 hour stint before switching drivers and continue this until the race is over.

We are broadcasting the race live via Livestream, so if you want to show your support, view the live footage and/have a chat with the co-driver whilst the driver is racing, please see below.

http://www.livestream.com/thebig24hourrace
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @thebig24hrrace
Facebook to follow.

The Livestream is currently showing our practice sessions, (mistakes and all!) so feel free to check them out, leading up to race day. We hope to see some of you in the Livestream chat room on the big day.

Last edited:

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
A recent Youtube video of one of my Hot Laps around the chosen circuit, Birmingham, Alabama. Laptime was 1 minute 24.986s

[video=youtube;ttuqeDTl848]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttuqeDTl848[/video]
Same lap, just onboard camera:
[video=youtube;md6nNKmE6ks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md6nNKmE6ks[/video]

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hmm so tempted to get rfactor. Im a forza racer myself and always been top 20's in anything U class and above, unfortunately my fanatec wheel broke :( so need to get it fixed at some point.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
awww i was gonna ask if u got to pee in the seat like on top gear... good luck anyway guys

Lol when we did our 24 hour nordschliefe we did it in 6 hour stints, so when we really needed the loo we had roughly 40 seconds (the length of a pitstop) lol

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
We crashed out after 3 hours 30mins :(
Gutted.
The replay is still on Livestream in case anyone wants to see the crash.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I drove the first stint for 3 hours, moving from last position up to 10th. Mr. Dave got in the seat and destroyed the car into a tyre barrier lol

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I drove the first stint for 3 hours, moving from last position up to 10th. Mr. Dave got in the seat and destroyed the car into a tyre barrier lol

OMG NAME AND SHAME! :D

Ah well, shame you couldn't have gotten further, just to do it. Although saying that, better to crash out after 4 hours than 23! :D

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Haha bet you were furious.

On the contrary. I could never be as furious as Mr. Dave was with himself hehe.
I think we both mentally prepared for the chance of failure, it's just racing. We weren't the first to retire out of the bunch so that's good!

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience though. Especially since I started pretty badly, needing to pit so soon and rejoining last but then clawing my way through the field to 10th. Very pleased with that.

We shrugged the whole thing off and played BF3 all Sat Afternoon/Evening. All good!