Steam tools

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As someone who has a somewhat large Steam collection (2.638 as of today, but who's counting?!), I use a range of third party tools and websites to help me keep track of all the things. This article has a few of them - https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-tools-for-getting-more-out-of-steam-games/ - including sites that allow you track how long Steam games will take to complete, the estimated total value of your Steam collection (I can't bring myself to actually check mine!), deals on your wishlisted games, there's even a site which will spin a wheel and recommend which game in your backlog to try next.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As someone who has a somewhat large Steam collection (2.638 as of today, but who's counting?!), I use a range of third party tools and websites to help me keep track of all the things. This article has a few of them - https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-tools-for-getting-more-out-of-steam-games/ - including sites that allow you track how long Steam games will take to complete, the estimated total value of your Steam collection (I can't bring myself to actually check mine!), deals on your wishlisted games, there's even a site which will spin a wheel and recommend which game in your backlog to try next.
Man, you've got to value it just to see, that would be really interesting.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Man, you've got to value it just to see, that would be really interesting.
Oh go on then. Will share my FULL profile shortly (waiting for SteamDB to refresh its cache for playtime details), but for now, here's the rough values of my Steam library. I did buy most of them on sale and in Humble bundles etc, but well yeah, that's a value!

Capture.JPG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Pandora's box has been opened. Here's ALL my Steam profile details laid bare: https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197982817228/?cc=uk
That's quite interesting.

I mean, when you consider the satisfaction, just over £5er per hour gameplay cost is quite frankly excellent, and that's going to reduce the more of your library you play.

I'm so pleased that gaming has gained the attention it has because it's such a creative and inspiring area of artistry i guess. Back in the day, even with the first few gen consoles, people were really ridiculed for investing in gaming. Now it's a family night in.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
That's quite interesting.

I mean, when you consider the satisfaction, just over £5er per hour gameplay cost is quite frankly excellent, and that's going to reduce the more of your library you play.

I'm so pleased that gaming has gained the attention it has because it's such a creative and inspiring area of artistry i guess. Back in the day, even with the first few gen consoles, people were really ridiculed for investing in gaming. Now it's a family night in.
For a while, I used to try and aim to buy games where I'd get an hour's gameplay for every £1 spent, triple A games were at £40 at the time, so I was hoping for 40+ hours, but all too often getting 10 to 15 hours out of them, so was waiting on heavy sales or looking at the pre-owned games market. Now with the games as a service model that AAA companies are following, games like the most recent Assassin's Creed game have maybe 20 hours of content spread out over 100 hours of game costing like £50. That looks like great value for money using my old calculation, but that 80+ hours of grinding between unlocking content is just not enjoyable. I know Bellular has done a few videos on the topic and I'm fully with him on that!

I'm definitely happy to pay a premium for actually enjoyable games, that fiver or so per hour of gameplay cost is largely great value for the satisfaction of the games that I play these days. and yes, that cost is only going to reduce over time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For a while, I used to try and aim to buy games where I'd get an hour's gameplay for every £1 spent, triple A games were at £40 at the time, so I was hoping for 40+ hours, but all too often getting 10 to 15 hours out of them, so was waiting on heavy sales or looking at the pre-owned games market. Now with the games as a service model that AAA companies are following, games like the most recent Assassin's Creed game have maybe 20 hours of content spread out over 100 hours of game costing like £50. That looks like great value for money using my old calculation, but that 80+ hours of grinding between unlocking content is just not enjoyable. I know Bellular has done a few videos on the topic and I'm fully with him on that!

I'm definitely happy to pay a premium for actually enjoyable games, that fiver or so per hour of gameplay cost is largely great value for the satisfaction of the games that I play these days. and yes, that cost is only going to reduce over time.
Yeah, absolutely, this is why I was personally really happy with the content and gameplay within the FF7 Remake cos it's well over 40 hours, although at full price of £70 kind of kills the benefit, but if you can get it on offer for 50 or 40, I think it's old school value for the return you're getting.