Soundcard Static When moving mouse

Gorman

Author Level
Hi Lynad, If you give the callcentre a ring they will be able to discuss the different options with you.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Please try testing some different speakers first, because fitting an audio header is not easy and we don't normally stock these, it's extremely rare that they are faulty.

Lynad

Okay the back set is fine. Thats my speakers fault, Ill give them a ring when i can.
However for the front Ive found what is causing the static.
Its the USB ports next to the sound jacks.
I unplugged the wire connecting the usb ports to my mobo, plugged in my headset - No static at all.
then, i plugged the wire back in = Static
Did it a few times just to make sure.

Its definitely that.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
That's interesting, at least we've got to the bottom of it. I wonder if the cable for your headset is not protected from inteference or the USB cable is giving off too much interference, maybe you could test this and let us know for future reference.

Lynad

I believe its the USB cable giving off to much.
Ive checked it with various headsets/headphones and its the same deal.
Im assuming nothing can really be done about this.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think much can be done, apart from to unplug the USB cable when using your headphones. Other than this I guess you could try shielding the USB cable so that the inteference cannot pass through.

Gorman

Author Level
S3303.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_core

Just a thought.

Lynad

Interestingly enough gorman, ive been looking at them myself.
and some wire wrap, and various other things to shield it.
Just need to find where i can get some of it, seems like an irritating thing to get a hold of.
Thanks for the help guys ! :>

Lynad

o that was fast :p
ill get a few of them, see if they help.
if not ill have to get some of that wire stuff and just wrap it around everythiiiing.