RMA Duration

Hitchcock

I made a topic a few weeks ago about my PC shutting down, I spoke to PCS on the phone and requested an RMA. I sent it back just before xmas and it arrived on the last day before they closed for the holiday.

Was just wondering when would be best to contact them about the RMA as I haven't heard back yet or am I being a little impatient? It just says RMA received. I'm getting a little antsy as it's my main work PC.

I tried contacting them last week, by sending a message through my account but no reply as of yet.

Hitchcock

I just sent mine back under RMA and they promised me over the phone it wouldn't take any more than a week... I hope this holds true

Really? When I sent mine, they said it would take about 3 weeks but not sure whether they took into account those last 2 weeks of December on the days when they were still open.

They also told me since my PC is still new, that it was a priority. I had only been using it for about a month before I had to send it back.

Croupier

Really? When I sent mine, they said it would take about 3 weeks but not sure whether they took into account those last 2 weeks of December on the days when they were still open.

They also told me since my PC is still new, that it was a priority. I had only been using it for about a month before I had to send it back.
I had my PC for less than 24 hours and it appears the CPU Cooler was faulty so needs replacing. They also told me it was a priority... after hearing that from you now I'll be really upset if it takes that long. I keep making excuses for them in my head to make it not seem as bad but if they are going to lie to me then I'm really going to start getting angry.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Bear in mind it really does depend on what the RMA is actually in relation to and if a replacement part is in stock. This all has impacts on how long it might be.

If you were told a week, it’s likely an easy switch out old part and in new part and a test. If quoted three weeks it might need something checked, a full strip down and rebuild or something and a part ordered if not in. For example a motherboard replacement would take longer than switching over a WiFi card.

All just examples and depends on when technicians can fit it into the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
For others reading this thread, a LOT depends on how detailed you describe the problem. You need to provide enough information so that PCS can reproduce the problem on their test bench. If PCS can't reproduce the problem they cannot fix it and the PC/laptop will come back to you unrepaired.

You need to spend time establishing exactly the circumstances under which it fails, and provide detailed instructions to PCS on how to make it fail. If you have to stand on one leg with a finger in the air whistling 'The Star Spangled Banner' whilst playing an AC/DC audio track at full volume with ten thousand browser tabs open - then tell PCS to do that. They're not mind readers remember. :)

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
. If you have to stand on one leg with a finger in the air whistling 'The Star Spangled Banner' whilst playing an AC/DC audio track at full volume with ten thousand browser tabs open - then tell PCS to do that. They're not mind readers remember. :)

Nope still works. But if I do this in my underwear outside, I start seeing blue flashing lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gisbourne

Just curious, but I notice that there was mention of coolers failing and also of machines shutting down. Mine was also just RMAed due to overheating and a possible cooler issue, so wondered for others with a similar issue what make the the cooler was and how it was orientated ie. bad batch? Mine was PCS FrostFlow 240 and was pipes up, which apparently is bad (
). This was my first water cooled system, so wasn't any the wiser about orientation and not trying to finger point, but just hopefully help pinpoint a root cause.

Hitchcock

For others reading this thread, a LOT depends on how detailed you describe the problem. You need to provide enough information so that PCS can reproduce the problem on their test bench. If PCS can't reproduce the problem they cannot fix it and the PC/laptop will come back to you unrepaired.

You need to spend time establishing exactly the circumstances under which it fails, and provide detailed instructions to PCS on how to make it fail. If you have to stand on one leg with a finger in the air whistling 'The Star Spangled Banner' whilst playing an AC/DC audio track at full volume with ten thousand browser tabs open - then tell PCS to do that. They're not mind readers remember. :)

So I just got a status update for the RMA and they're needing me to reply.

I was just wondering if I need to speak to them on the phone about the RMA, who do I need to speak to? Is it tech support or do I need to press 4 for other enquires?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

I was just wondering if I need to speak to them on the phone about the RMA, who do I need to speak to? Is it tech support or do I need to press 4 for other enquires?
TBH I don't know, I don't work for PCS. If it were me I'd go for tech support and get them to transfer me wherever I needed to be.

Bhuna50

Author Level

Not sure if I should say this here - but to save the wait when I had an RMA, I just emailed back and said, please can you get the technician to call me on ........ to discuss.

Hitchcock

Not sure if I should say this here - but to save the wait when I had an RMA, I just emailed back and said, please can you get the technician to call me on ........ to discuss.

I have sent them an e-mail directly, so hopefully should get a reply soon.

I just had a total brain fart moment, I called them just now and when it got to my turn, the call cut off as I had forgotten the mute mic option was on.

facepalm

Bhuna50

Author Level
I have sent them an e-mail directly, so hopefully should get a reply soon.

I just had a total brain fart moment, I called them just now and when it got to my turn, the call cut off as I had forgotten the mute mic option was on.

facepalm
Sorry I shouldn't really laugh, but the week I've had so far, I am finding this hysterical :D :D :D :D :D