Random restarts?

Cameron146

Recently my computer has started doing the occasional random restart. It just did it for the hird time in the past few weeks. Does anybody know what could be a potential cause of this? I've scanned my computer and no sign of any viruses or malware. Specs Below

AMD FX-4170
AMD Radeon 6770
4gb Dual Samsung DDR3 Ram
ASUS M5A78L-M
600W Quiet 80 plus quad rail PSU

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have a look in event viewer,It's normal to have a lot of warnings & errors so best look at the event viewer immediately after the problem occurs,then check if anything is logged for that particular time.
Go to control panel(All control panel items)/performance information and tools/click advanced tools on the left hand side/view performance details in event log.
this will take you to diagnostics-performance & boot /shut down events,It may or may not give a clue to the problem,but worth a try.
If nothing obvious showing there,at the top of the tree on the left hand side,click on custom views/administrative events.
You might get more information that points to something by selecting details/Friendly & XML view,in the event viewer.you could also try selecting "event log online"at the bottom of the page