RAM Speed

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
Just a quick question, I'm in a pre-production queue for a build and the cpu i've bought is a 5600x, I've paired that with 2x 8gb of corsair vengence @3600MHz .
I've seen some posts that suggest that using 3600 is not a wise choice and i should be looking at max 3200.

Is there an issue with using 3600 sticks that i should be aware of ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just a quick question, I'm in a pre-production queue for a build and the cpu i've bought is a 5600x, I've paired that with 2x 8gb of corsair vengence @3600MHz .
I've seen some posts that suggest that using 3600 is not a wise choice and i should be looking at max 3200.

Is there an issue with using 3600 sticks that i should be aware of ?
Not for 2 x, only for 4 x.

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
Ah, does that go for 3200 as well in a 4x set up or would that not be an issue.
if not then i might swap to 3200 in case i wanted to bump up to 32gb later on, but if its the same issue with 4x no matter what the speed then its a non issue.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
4x8GB 3200MHz should be fine. It seems to be the higher frequency RAM that’s been causing issues. What are your system uses, if it’s a gaming system then I’d usually recommend 3200MHz anyway, gaming won’t benefit from 3600MHz anywhere near as much as a system that’s being used for something like audio production.