Query on 3d Vision

Hi, Feel like I'm missing something really obvious but would a 17.3" SkyFire III with i7-4710MQ and GTX870M support 3d visions. I don't see why it wouldn't but can't see it mentioned anywhere...Is it so standard these days its not mentioned in the spec...

Cheers,
Steve

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If it is not mentioned then it might not be supported :) you referring to nvidia 3d vision?. The only laptops that support nvidia 3d vision are the ones with a 3d ready screen. If you choose the skyfire or regular vortex you wouldn't be able to use nvidia 3d vision with an external 3d monitor either, I think it was mentioned in a previous thread.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks, so I can't see any chassis / screen that states 3d ready....confused as my Vortex II that I got in 2011 has it.

I assume your vortex II is the regular one without the 3D screen? I am pretty sure that if that's the case you wouldn't be able to get NVIDIA 3D vision due to the HDMI connectivity issues, I have attempted myself on my vortex IV without any success. Could you make yours work?

No my Vortex II has a 3d laptop screen it works really well, I've never tried to run on a 3d 2nd screen as I don't have one.

I wanted to get a 3d laptop for my wife and assumed that in the 3 years since I got mine they would be cheaper and less rare....the opposite seems to have happened though...I've seen links to a Vortex IV Elite 3d but that doesn't seem to be offered anymore.