PROTEUS VI - RTX 2070

qwerty1239

Hi, thinking of getting this laptop built by PCS. Couple of questions.. What are the CPU temps like on the laptop for those that have it? Also, does the laptop have GSYNC? Many thanks.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It doesn't have gsync (only the Octane does from PCS's lineup at the moment).

Not sure about temps - you can look through user reviews on these forums.

big3y3s

The screen does not support G-Sync.

As for temps, as with most laptops running the 8750H CPU, they can get a little high. Mine were 95-98 before a mild undervolt and now they're at 76-78 on full load. Having quanta control center installed better manages the fan profiles too so that helps :).

Overall though, the laptop is a beast with the 2070 and for the money, you cant go wrong.

ixende

Bronze Level Poster

The Vortex IX has Gsync also, but is on preorder right now.

xKDCx

The screen does not support G-Sync.

As for temps, as with most laptops running the 8750H CPU, they can get a little high. Mine were 95-98 before a mild undervolt and now they're at 76-78 on full load. Having quanta control center installed better manages the fan profiles too so that helps :).

Overall though, the laptop is a beast with the 2070 and for the money, you cant go wrong.

Could you tell me your settings for throttle stop and where to find the quanta control center?
I got the proteus this week and want to keep it cooler.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Could you tell me your settings for throttle stop and where to find the quanta control center?
I got the proteus this week and want to keep it cooler.
Undervolting is silicon dependent so what may be right for one cpu won’t necessarily work for another. It’s a manual process you need to take on your own chip. Start at about -50mV and then step down in -10mV steps.

Control center should be in your downloads section of the main PCS site.